A Small Journey To Japan

-M29. 671. Italica-

It was dawn. Italica had been rebuilt from medieval-level civilization buildings to the bastion of civilization in the entire Falmart.

The sky scrapper majestically stands in the center of the city. A flying fortress that always stays vigilant as a reminder of the might of the Imperium. Its massive size was intentional to ensure no one dared to enter Imperium's aegis.

In front of the eastern gate were JSDF personnel and a group of Solar Guardians from the 5th Recon Team and other teams.

"I think we are ready," Raias said to the convoys, standing beside his Land Raider.

"We need to wait for the Princess, though," Maiya remarked, checking her Nanosuit via her HUD.

"Well, there they are," Mal said, signaling his peers to look in a certain direction.

The girls in question slowly walked their way from the gate. Although calm, their transhuman nature caused the Solar Guardians to see through their masks.

Pina is scared, slightly trembling.

While Bozes. She was utterly trying her best composure to conceal her shock. In very small seconds, she glanced at her surrounding.

Raias glanced in the said direction. It was the destruction caused by the minor skirmish when the bandit sieged Italica.

Craters, holes, and black ashes on the earth show its full horror to the Saderan. The Lord General intentionally did not give them any order to repair the damages.

Psychological warfare is the best way imaginable to defeat the much primitive civilization.

Raias could not hold his will to smirk.

"My apologies for keeping all of you are waiting," Pina said apologetically.

"It is fine, Your Highness. It was a journey to another world, after all." Itami said dismissively, smiling empathetically.

Pina nodded, slowly turning her face to the Imperium's soldiers. Her hand was slightly clenched, which made Raias chuckle.

"Please, ease yourself, Princess. We acknowledge you as our honored guest. We will cause you no harm." Raias waved his hand, neutrally smiling. A perfect poker expression that did not bring any comfort to the scared Princess.

"Well... Solar Guardian," A feminine voice called Raias. It was the voice that caused him to draw his Volkite pistol nearly.

"What can I help you with, Rory?" Raias asked with the most welcoming demeanor he could make.

"The church. Why does your country demand a dismantling of the temple of my god? Not only Emroy but also the other deities as well. Answer me." Rory demanded. Even though she is smiling, it is dangerously threatening.

Intimidation is a strong emotion in her eyes, ready to swing her halberd to slay anyone who dared to oppose her.

"It was our duty to spread the Imperial Truth." Maiya defended her Captain, stepping forward.

"Your Imperial Truth, huh? A fake belief destroys any religion. What a fool!" Rory swung her halberd at a speed anyone besides the Guardians could not follow.

Instantly, Raias grabbed the weapon's hilt before it could touch Maiya's armor. A small shockwave blared across the earth.

"Please, cease this futile endeavor, Rory Mercury, if you want your answer. The Emperor will give it to you when you arrive at Terra. I promise." Raias determinedly replied, staring deep into the Apostle's eyes without any sign of fear.