Chapter 8: Routines and trades.

Chapter 8 everyone! With this we give start to new arc set between the kissing operation and the beach episode! How long will it take to return to canon? Who knows! Just enjoy for now!

On with the show!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plantation 13 'Cerasus', Milstinteinn, 2 days later, 6:00 am...

After the pact was signed, they gave the children of squad 13 a day to relax and recover before their mentors began with a training routine for them. According to the navigators of both plantations, they would reach the rendezvous area for the defense of the ark in 2 weeks. It could be reduced by 1 day or 2 if they were lucky to find a shortcut to go through the mountain zone that is located south of the rendezvous zone, a very risky decision as those mountains were full of klaxosaurs nests. They agreed that they would later check on that option as for now they focused on the itinerary and arraging temporary quarters for Orion and Sally. Because of SMC safety protocols, only the captains of a squadron could be temporarily relocated at another plantation while leadership was transferred their second-in-command on their absence, meaning that the doctor only had Arthur and White Glint for analyzing. And that is IF he could break their firewall, for whoever worked on the electronics of the NEXTs was clearly talented on cybersecurity and it wasn't possible to get near them physically as the captains had brought two chicken-walker drone mechs with them to act as sentries. They were called "Muscle Tracers" or MT for short, were only half the size of their franxx and even if they were weaker than them, they still carried enough weaponry to become a danger to them. Admiral Dassia explained that MT were easier to mass produce and acted as support. A small number of them were more than enough to contain Conrad's and even Moho's. The point was clear: the RF wasn't keen on sharing their secrets with APE anytime soon.

The point was, the doctor wanted to analyze them very badly, and thought bringing them as mentors for the children would make it easy to uncover their secrets. How wrong he was, but he wasn't going to give up like that. After all, he was a scientist and the career of one was always full of challenges but the rewards were always worth them.

Dr. Franxx: "After all, my two major achievements came at a very personal price... I just need an opportunity to claim this one."

He said that as he looked through the cameras seeing the new mentors alongside Naomi and Raven ready to start the new routine for Squad 13...

Naomi: - Can't we just, let them have a few more minutes of sleep? Even me and Raven are still sleepy. -

They were all wearing sports gear with the colors of their uniforms: a simple shirt alongside some shorts. Naomi was finally given the all clear to pilot again as her injuries finally healed.

Orion: - Nah, they had a whole day to relax and have fun. Wars aren't won by people who live in comfort but by those who strive to reach it... and the klaxosaurs won't be as kind as we are. -

Raven: *yawns* - No use Naomi, Orion likes to do this with the nuggets back at the academy, so he is not having mercy with them. -

Naomi: *Sighs*

Orion looked at his watch while he held a trumpet on his left and once the clock reached 6:05 am...

Orion: - Showtime. -

He started playing "Reveiller" with his trumpet very loudly and soon enough the lights on the boardhouse went on. He kept on playing until all of the children were coming out of the house very pissed for the loud awakening.