5

We are the next day. 17 hours passed since my meeting with Pedri. Pedro. Perdri González. Pedro González.

It's like I can't get over it. I was so lost in my thoughts that I couldn't button my shirt right this morning.

Someone who shouldn't be here opened the café's door.

The masked guy.

Sometimes he comes once a week. Sometimes he comes three times a week. But he never came 2 consecutive days before.

I'm making a big deal out of nothing. He seems to be in a good mood, and I shouldn't care about a client so much.

"Like always ?" I asked with a bigger smile than usual. I met Pedri yesterday so nothing can make me sad today.

"Yes. Was the match fun ? You seem happier than usual."

I didn't remember telling him I was going to the match ? I guess I did.

"It was REALLY fun ! But I don't remember telling you about the match ?"

My customer didn't answer for a short moment.

"Really ? Well you did, or else I wouldn't know."

"That's true. And you like Pedri too, right ? When I blabbered about him last time it was like I could feel your blush and happiness through the mask."

"You can say that..."

"What happened during the match?"

"He shoot the goal that made them won ! He looked so cool during the whole match, and the way his eyes shined after winning... I can't describe how great I felt for him as a fan. The way you feel when your favorite player is happy or did something amazing is... well you can understand this, as a fan yourself."

"I should know as a fan, true."

Should I say I met Pedri ? I don't know, I think I want to keep this as my little secret for a moment. I don't want to share the best thing to ever happen to me with just anyone.

***

The loud noise of a mug breaking was heard in the whole café.

"I'm sorry, it slipped right out of my hand !"

"It's okay, it's okay. I'll come by to clean it."

I was going to clean it right away but the masked guy had finished eating and came next to the counter to pay.

He paid in cash as usual. But this time he was leaving without taking back the extra money.

I ran after him to give him his change of money, completely forgetting about the coffee I didn't clean yet.

My foot slipped.

I'm going to fall on the mug's pieces !

I'm going to die of embarassment. I will probably cut and hurt myself because of the broken mug. But worst of all I will embarass myself.

When I was preparing mentally for the shock about to come, I felt hands catching my waist and a knee on my back.

The masked guy.

He kneeled under me so that my body doesn't touch the ground. My eyes have never met his so clearly before.

Brown eyes. Brown eyes meeting mine.