23. I don't care

How did I end up here ?

I thought I would never come back to a stade before a year, but here I am, seated here a month later.

Diego came back with the drinks, making his way through the crowd.

Should I run away and try to give my place to Sophia ? Does she still like him ? She said it was cool with her, but I feel so guilty nonetheless, I feel like a bitch. I don't have feelings for Diego at all... and I would hate making Sophia my enemy.

*** a few days ago***

"So ? What do you think ?"

I stared at him blankly for a moment, didn't Sophia say they were a thing at some point ?

"You bought tickets for the next fc Barcelona match... to go with me ?"

"Yes. It will be great ! I know last time we went, it was awful, but I feel really bad about it, let me make this up to you."

"It wasn't a bad day at all- but that's not it, Diego, isn't there something going on between you and Sophia ?"

"What ? No, we were just flirting casually, it didn't mean anything. She must have imagined things, she obviously liked me. But why are you bringing up Sophia ? I'm talking about you, not her."

I either don't go since

1. I don't know if Sophia would like it, she kind of had a crush on him and I like Sophia, I don't want her to hate me over Diego.

2. I don't like Diego romantically or see him as a friend. He is a colleague.

3. I don't want to see a fc Barcelona match right now, like, at all.

But the reasons I want to accept are...

1. See how will Pedri react to me bringing Diego to his match.

2. That's... all.

Obviously I have more reasons to refuse, don't I ?

"Soph said you and that dude broke up, so I'm getting back in the game."

Kuddos to him for respecting my relationship, I guess.

"He looked ugly anyway, why would he hide his face otherwise, right ?" He said, laughing.

You lost all the points you had gained dude. Seriously, ugh.

"I will accept, but only if you promise me it's not a date, and it's only for the match. Us, it won't happen Diego, understood ?"

A smirk on his face.

"Sure."

I know, to a certain point I am pretty sure 'Raphael' hid his identity because a guy like him wouldn't want to date someone like me, but I want him to feel something negative while seeing me come to his match with someone else.

I need for this to hurt him a little, just so I know he felt something for me, just a little at least.

No- no ! Why would I want to do that ? I am over him. I don’t care, he is dating that girl now, she suits him better.

If he dares getting jealous about my date while he goes bringing that girl to his home, it will mean he is a huge asshole. I wouldn't want a guy like that, no one would.

"Okay... see you the later, I guess." I say after seeing Sophia come in the room.

"Okay."

I go towards her to tell her about it, I want to know what she feels about him for sure.

"Soph ?"

"Yes ?"

"Uhm... I... well..."

"What is it ?" She asks, impatient.

"Please don't hate me. Please."

"Oh no, what did you do ? Did you break something of mine ? Did you say a secret of mine to someone ?"

"No ! But... I am going to see the next Barcelona match with Diego. I don't like Diego or anything, but if you like him, I will promise you to never let anything happen between us, it will never happen, but just so I know.. do you still like him ?"

She doesn't anwser for a short moment. Her face loses it's worried look, but she doesn't look happy either. She looks surprised, to say the least.

"How come it happened ?"

"He asked me to, and I said yes for other reasons."

"I see... don't worry girl. I don’t care. We didn't date or anything. Have fun."

She says so with a smile, but I can tell her eyes look hurt.

"Soph." I call out her name, holding her arm.

"I swear, nothing will happen. It's impossible, we will only go as colleagues. Not even friends, colleagues."

"Haha, how can I know ? What proof do I have you won’t change your mind during the game ?"

I really feel like a bitch now, a bitch and a hypocrite.

"I'm..." I don't dare say it out loud, asmitting defeat, admitting I lost.

"You what ?"

But I understand seeing the guy you like being close with another girl very well, and I hate being that girl for Soph, after the game, I will never go out with Diego again. I refuse to be that girl.

"I am not over my ex, Soph. I still like him so, so much." I muttered quietly, like a murmur.

I admitted defeat.