33. The date

Pedri is the one who chose where our date would be and he decided that for our first date we would...

Take a day trip, we will go out of town and he will drive us somewhere. He said he knew a spot. The radio is playing something I don't know the name to.

"Colly is my highschool friend. That's all. She is studying in Madrid right now and wanted to spend her holidays here, in Barcelona. I wasn't going to refuse my friend who needed a place to stay." He starts off without me asking.

I know it makes sense. I know he doesn't love her. But I will still be petty about it.

"Her holiday is almost over, in case you were interested. I know you don't like her..."

I laugh with a sarcastic tone. "It's not like she likes me either. You do understand that she wants to fuck you, right ? She wants to kiss you, and fuck you, and date you, and marry you and be a football trophy wife !" The more I talk the more I get pissed off. She doesn't even love him. She loves his money and fame. It's not fair. He shouldn't be friends with a girl like that.

"And you don't ?" He asks. Eyes on the road.

"What ?"

"You don't want to kiss me ? Or fuck me ? Date me ? What about marrying me, huh ? Being my trophy wife doesn't sound so ba-"

"Stop talking !" I shout, my mind explosing with images and embarassment.

He chuckles, knowing he got me. Eyes still on the road. I like that. Keep us alive, babe.

A song I know by heart but didn't hear in ages starts to play in the radio, and the more I listen to it the more it reminds me of Pedri. And me. And us.

Ever since I met him, every song started to be about him.

I bring my hand close to the gear lever, where his right hand is resting on. I don't dare touch his hand right now, but I want to. A lot.

He gives our hands a quick look, takes my hand inside his, and puts my hand on the gear lever, surrounded by his.

My palm and fingers are under his and he starts to accelerates, the adrenaline rushing through my body.

"Why did you call me a few weeks ago ?" He asks out of nowhere, taking me out of my zone and out of my thoughts.

"Why did Gavi have your phone ?" I ask back.

"It rang so he picked it up. Don't change the subject. Why did you call me ?" His tone strict, he really wants to know.

"I just...thought we should talk about, I don't know, us, what's our relationship, why do we meet so often, what will happen to us, things like that, you know ?" I don't even know if it makes sense. But I don't care. It's embarassing to say it out loud. I can't even look at him.

"You... wanted to talk about something so important on the phone ? Are you kidding me ?" He asks, can't believing I didn't even want to meet him to talk about these but talk it over a phonecall. Or even texts. I hate phonecalls.

"I thought it would be too awkward to talk it out in real life ! And I was right ! It is awkward." I say, feeling a little attacked.

He starts to clench his right hand, and hurts mine a little at the same time, forgetting my hand is inside his. He slows down the car and parks on the side, making me confused.

When the car stops, he dives towards me and kisses my lips. Both of his hands were around my head and moving was impossible. He owned me. He owned me and loved licking and biting my lips.