Chapter 14

"Security", and even before I could finish she shouted out for security. And soon a security guard rushed in our direction. "Any trouble, Miss lee?", he asked, looking at her. "Yes, please get this lady out of here", she pointed her index finger in my direction making him look at me as well.

The guard looked at me for a while. "What are you waiting for? Throw her out right now", she scowled. "He won't dare", a loud deep voice echoed throughout the lobby area making everyone turn around to take a look at the person who was approaching us.

It was none other than Jungkook who had a stern look on his face as he walked towards us. He stood beside me as I looked at him. Without looking back at me he continued,"You can leave", he looked at the guard and ordered him to leave, the guard nodded his head in agreement, bowed to him for the last time and walked away.

"Mr Jeon, this lady was deliberately causing a lot of trouble over here", the receptionist said as she looked at me. All this time I had a stern and cold look on my face as I looked at her.

"Can you afford to lose this job?",Jungkook's sudden question left the receptionist speechless. She looked back at him in utter shock. "W-What?" Her face suddenly turned pale as she looked at mine and back at Jungkook's face. Jungkook's facial expressions didn't soften at all as he gave her a hostile glare,"What would you want to do with her?",Jungkook turned to face me

while she gave us both a confused look. "Mrs. Kim", a voice from behind grabbed my attention. And Taehyung's secretary Jen was walking towards us with a soft smile on her face.

"Mrs. Kim...", the receptionist murmured softly as her eyes widened in shock. "Are you here because you missed our boss?",Jen giggled, making me awkwardly shake my head in a no. "I am here to deliver him this file", I replied and showed her the file in my hand.

[End of pov]

"oh..", she paused and her eyes shifted towards Jungkook who had his eyes on you all this time. "Mr Jeon", she interrupted Jungkook, finally catching his attention. "mhm?",Jungkook looked back at her. "what is going on over here?", she asked, sensing the current tense situation.

She looked behind Jungkook and spotted the receptionist standing there with a look which screamed that she was doomed. "What's up?", she questioned her instead as none of us was ready to answer. "I..m-made a mistake....a h-huge one..", the receptionist stuttered as she lowered her head and gulped.

Jen raised an eyebrow,"and what was that mistake?", the smile she had all along on her face suddenly dropped as she questioned her. Now, you can tell she definitely works for Kim taehyung. The aura was so powerful as she questioned.

"We can stop here", you interrupted and the receptionist quickly looked up at you in shock. Even

Jungkook was surprised but soon he went back to his normal expression as if he knew this was coming. "She didn't make any mistake. She was just doing her job", you smiled at Jen while she gave you a confused look.

You turned back to face the receptionist and continued,"It's great to see security over here is so tight but..", you paused as she lowered her gaze,"make sure you hear people out in the future before making any decision", You said coldly she nodded in response not ready to even look up at you. She was almost shivering due to fear.

Not like this was your first time dealing with such people but this was definitely your first time visiting the company so you didn't want to cause unnecessary drama there. '''I'll bring you to his cabin", Jungkook said, breaking the silence. You and Jen quickly looked up at Jungkook's face. "Ah..well..", you were finding an opportunity to refuse him.

You quickly looked at Jen who was cluelessly looking at you two. "Jen, can you bring me to taehyung's cabin?", you asked, making Jungkook lower his gaze. He was definitely hurt by your cold behavior with him. Everytime you both crossed paths you didn't leave a single chance to show him how much hate you have for him in your heart.

"Well..I would've loved to accompany you but..I am about to head for a meeting", she smiled awkwardly, leaving you speechless. So, that means...you already knew what was coming. "Follow me", Jungkook said, grabbing your attention.

You looked at him and he had already started walking ahead. You had no other option left other than following him behind. You silently followed him behind. As the elevator door closed there spread an awkward silence between you two.

[y/n's pov] :

I stared at his tall figure as he pressed the floor button and made his way beside me. Though he stood beside me, the distance between us was much. He was standing away from me. I don't understand why I keep on seeing him every now and then? No matter how much I try to ignore his presence but in the end it's still the same.

I was continuously watching him from the corner of my eyes. I Could say I was staring at him..but I had no clue that I was making it obvious until he tilted his head a bit to the side to take a look at me. The moment my eyes met his brown dark ones I quickly looked away.

He looked at me for a while until,"I am sorry", he mumbled in a low voice but that was audible for me. I clearly heard what he said. I immediately looked at him and he looked away. "What did you just say?", I asked. "nothing", he replied, still not willing to look back at me.

"Did you just say sorry?", I asked, again. He stayed silent for a moment, as if he was wondering what to say. "No, I didn't", he cleared after a long minute of silence. And there was that awkward silence all over again. I couldn't help it anymore.

I took a step towards him and grabbed him by his arm, making him forcefully turn his head around to take a look at me. "Why are you being like this? What are you proving by doing all this? You think it's a joke? You showing up in my life all over again after ditching me!", I narrowed my gaze on him.

I wanted an answer from him. I wanted to know why he can't just stop doing whatever he is trying to do. I want him to leave me alone. Every time I see him it reminds me of that day when he threw me away like I was some kind of trash. I begged him to stay and what he did? Left me like I never mattered to him and here he is all over again right in front of me as if nothing ever happened.

[End of pov]

He is just making your life hard this way. "Are you still not satisfied after destroying my life? That you've shown up in my life all over again to ruin it?", his heart dropped listening to your questions. He was bleeding from inside. It felt as if someone just stabbed his heart with several knives in just one go. Not showing even a bit of mercy.

He clenched his fists tightly as he lowered his gaze and stared down at the ground. The amount of pain he was going through couldn't be described in a few mere words. Words were not enough at the moment to put them in words or frame them up.

He took a long moment to respond. "Why is it hurting?", he asked as a bitter-sweet smile formed on his lips. His head was still down but those words from him made something in you stir. Before you could speak or ask what he was talking about he grabbed you by both of your arms and pinned you against the wall, looking straight into your eyes.

You were shocked by his sudden act.

"Jungkook-" "What if I never stopped loving you?",he asked, he had an unreadable expression on his face. Your eyes went wide just listening to the words that left his lips. "What if I say I hate seeing you with another man?", he leaned closer to your face.

His breath was warm on your cheeks. "I..", you couldn't even utter a word. He was not ready to take his eyes off you. He wanted to hear you out. "I want to take you away from them all and keep you only to myself", his lips brushed against yours as he cupped your cheek with one of his large hands.

You placed both of your hands against his broad chest trying to push him away but his other hand was quick enough to grab them both and stop you. "Jungkook...move..away from me..", your voice cracked but he didn't move an inch. "What if I don't?", he asked, locking eyes with you.

~