Chapter 15

"What if I don't?", he asked, locking eyes with you. He was examining your expressions this whole time until a small smirk played on his lips as he leaned in closer to your ear so close that you could feel his hot breath on your ear.

"Isn't this what you wished to hear from me? Are you feeling any better after hearing this? Are you Happy now? Or do you want me to do something more? Like...", he whispered as he moved his face a bit away from yours with a smirk plastered on his face just to take a look at your face.

Next, a hard slap landed on his cheek and tears started forming in his eyes. He was not stunned by that slap but by those tears, he clearly understood that he just crossed the line today and hurt you the most.

"You've made me look down on you. I feel so much better after realizing you're no longer a part of my life", your lips started quivering as you pushed him away from you.

"You're a jerk. You never cared about my feelings..and it's clear in every action of yours. I hate the fact that I..", you paused as a drop of tear rolled down your cheek.

"..ever loved a man like you", you finished the sentence after a long pause. It felt like a hot, sharp knife, covered in salt, pierced through his chest. He stood there lifelessly. Those were the last words he ever wanted to hear from you.

The elevator stopped. And the door opened and that grabbed your attention. Rubbing off the tears from your face, you stepped out of the elevator leaving Jungkook behind.

But he didn't move an inch. His body had frozen down in his place after what you said. He was left behind all alone with a heavy heart.

Heavy hearts are like heavy clouds in the rain...

Those few words (I hate the fact that I ever loved a man like you) from you will always be the deepest scars on his heart.

[y/n's pov] :

I stood behind the wall with tears still running down my cheeks. It's so miserable to keep on living this way. I clenched my heart..this part of mine is in pain the most.

I squatted down on the ground while bringing my hands towards my face. So hateful.

I don't know how long I cried for..an hour? Or even longer.

"Y/n?"A pair of familiar customized leather shoes appeared before my eyes. This voice...taehyung? I slowly took my hands off my face to take a glance up.

He was standing there staring at me with a worried look all over his face. "Taeh-", the moment I saw his face the tears just started spilling from both ends of my eyes. I don't know why...

Before I could say any further he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me upward, making me stand up in my place and subsequently pulled me towards him.

The next thing that I knew was that I was already in his warm embrace.

The murky lavender-scented odor...a familiar smell...makes me want to stay in his embrace. I'm getting that feeling again...the feeling that "everything's alright" if he is with me.

The sense of peace and calm at my core returned as his energy flowed through me. Can I pause this moment eternally..?

After a long moment, he finally breaks the peaceful silence between us and asks, "Why were you crying?".

"I. I lost my way to your cabin", I tried covering up the real cause and gave him a lame reason knowing he was smart enough to figure out that I was fibbing but surprisingly he didn't question me any further.

He just hummed. As if he figured out that I didn't want to talk about that anymore. After a few minutes, we finally broke the hug and I looked up at him. "What brings you here?", I asked.