Chapter 25

- y/n's pov :

"Uncle Kim, she won't understand", a voice from behind grabbed my attention. I looked back and a lady was approaching us. I had never seen her before. Who is she? "Lora?", Mr. Kim said in a low tone as a smirk formed on Lora's lips.

She stood next to Mr. Kim and soon diverted her attention toward me, "So you're Park y/n?", she scoffed as her eyes scanned me, "what's great about you?", she raised a question as I raised an eyebrow at her question.

"What?" "I asked what's so great about you that brother taehyung fell in love with you?", she tilted her head a bit to the side giving me a stern look.

"Enough, Lora see where your sister is and ask her to meet me", Mr. Kim interrupted us, making Lora slightly nod in response. And with that, Mr. Kim walked away leaving me and Lora all alone.

Lora again averted her attention towards me with a smirk playing on her lips, "I wished to have a long conversation with you but you see today is such an auspicious day so I won't be ruining my mood", and with that, she was about to turn around and leave but stopped midway as she looked at me from the corner of her eye.

"Btw you better stay away from my soon-to-be brother-in-law or else you'll have to face the consequences. Kim's family might spare you out of pity but the Kang family won't. If you still feel any shame after everything he has gone through because of you then stay away from him", saying that she finally walked away.

"Kang...family..? That means she is Yuna's sister?", I mumbled to myself under my breath as I watched her walk away. And what did she mean by soon-to-be brother-in-law....?

- a few minutes later :

"What did he say?"Taehyung interrogated as he stood right beside me with a glass of wine in his hand. "Nothing", I replied shortly while looking sideways. I don't know why...? But I'm having a bad feeling as if something worse is on its way. My heartbeat is speeding up as I anxiously start tapping my heels against the marble floor.

"Is something bothering you?"Taehyung placed a hand over my shoulder making me finally look up at him. "no..nothing. I am just not feeling well", I say trying to suppress my nervousness.

He stares at me for a while. He doesn't say a word but just examines my actions. "what is it?", and that's what he says after a moment of long silence. "You're surely hiding something", he stops.

Hiding? I am hiding a lot from you, taehyung. I was about to say something in response until a voice echoed throughout the room grabbing everyone's attention. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for making time and attending my birthday party and for all the warm wishes.

My birthday is certainly a very special day in my life and what makes it special is the presence of all the guests present over here today", Mr. Kim paused as everyone started applauding him for the warm thank you speech.

"And what makes it even special is an announcement that I will be making today", he said, and everyone around stopped clapping and gossiping amongst themselves discussing what can make this day even more special. "Taehyung", he called out taehyung's name and gestured to him to come forward.

Everyone turned their gazes towards him, making him place the glass of wine down on the table nearby and after giving me a worried glance he headed forward towards his father who was waiting for him in the center of the hall.

"I am so pleased to announce the engagement of my son to Ms. Yuna, the eldest daughter of the Kang family", he announced, and everyone around busted out into loud cheers.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

"CONGRATS MR. Kim!!"

"CONGRATS TO KIM AND KANG FAMILY!!"