First Edition

Cast

Sivaangi Krishnakumar as Srishti
Ashwin Kumar Lakshmikanthan as Professor Adhiran

________________

'These violent delights have violent ends, And in their triumph die like fire and powder, Which as they kiss consume'

Srishti~

The morning dawned marking a new beginning, the commencement of the final year in English Literature. Srishti's eyes fluttered open and found that she had slept the entire night reading Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet for the nth time. She softly chuckled at her state, not even bothered or surprised, she loved the bard after all, the only experience of love she had ever felt. 

Literature

Srishti shivered feeling the cold air hit ever so softly as she cracked her knuckles, getting ready for a brand new day, She briskly came out from the shower wearing a pale blue sweater, an old faded black skirt and a burgundy scarf that hugged her slim neck, 

Her large, brown eyes fell on her brown leather satchel that housed copies of her favorite novels, a pen and a notebook.She traced her bag with so much love and brushed her soft black hair, her fingers traced the rim of her spectacles as she slowly smiled to herself. 

Today was going to be another fruitful day! 

She slowly made her way inside the kitchen and found it to be empty, Srishti sighed as she hummed a soft tune watching the coffee brew with sheer adoration, her twin brother must've left earlier that morning, she thought. 

Her chilly fingers quickly made some warm toast and smeared some Jam on them, craving a light breakfast. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee hit her senses, making her inhale the concoction before pouring them into a travel mug, her strawberry lips munching the toast with little effort. 

Srishti sighed, holding her metal travel mug in her tiny palms. She still had half an hour to get to college as she started to walk, taking small sips from her mug. her hands slid down to pick up the newspaper on her way there. Moments later, her mobile phone pinged with a message from her best friend, Priyanka. 

Unna paathuten, just stay there, 5 mins la vanthudren

And that was enough to make Srishti smile wide, she shook her head in amusement and chuckled to herself. 

Srishti had so much to appreciate about her best friend, right from her excited and emotive eyes, always brimming with happiness and cheer, eyes that seemed to comfort her by looking at her with so much tenderness. The one thing that contrasted them was that her eyes were too expressive, while Srishti's were always quite subtle. 

Priyanka came closer, her dark brown hair was perfectly styled to frame her pretty and dainty features. her little toes helped her skip her way to her best friend with much ease, her lips, like always were dazzling with a genuine smile. Srishti sighed, Priyanka was one beautiful human! 

'Sasha.. Unkita onnu solla dha sikram vara sonnen.. 

Ne epdiyum paathruka maatenu theriyum, but neraya per pesitu irunthaanga twitter la.. Unkita account laam illa num theriyum.. ' Priyanka looked fairly amused, lighting up the mood easily. 

'Okay' Srishti smiled softly reaching out to take another sip of her coffee from her mug but failed as she had already drunk it all, ' Naalu therinja Priyu, neengle thagavala solidunga' Priyanka giggled seeing her friend's humor,