Enchanted

'Ah' sleep left her body as she clutched him close,eyes fluttering seeing his brown eyes boring into hers. Adhiran's hands held her small frame close to his . Srishti's naive eyes gazed into his own as she breathed hard, murmuring a thank you,

Trance, it was indeed a blissful trance to take in his eyes, he had such pretty lashes, thought Srishti to herself. His long lashes and his insanely perfect nose framed his beautiful eyes like a relic. It was a magic spell he cast with his eyes, and if he'd ever ask her to burn in their flames, she'd accept the sweet relinquish without haste.

'careful ma' his hands slowly undid themselves and made her stand on her feet. Something about the way he moved beside her made her want to crumble into particles, He was so enticing, and so honorable. So much that he barely looked at her after letting go.

She believed she shouldn't consider it rejection,not acceptance as she had never offered him anything. Not by a long shot at least, but something about his eyes and the way those hickory brown orbs turned into pools of dark chocolate did harmful things to her dear little heart,

Adhiran lead her to a door just in front of his library and opened the door for her, ' This is the guest bedroom '

' athu.. can I shower before going to bed?' she asked him,

'Sure, bed mela sila things vechirken.. I've also placed some clothing.. bathroom ulla iruku'  Adhiran replied her,

'Thank you, really, ellathukum ' she smiled,

'I'll be outside, if you need me' his gentle voice echoed,

Srishti simply nodded,

'Good night, Srishti ' he told her, before closing the door.

'Good night professor ' she whispered and heard him walk back to the living room, leaving her in her own solitude. Her eyes fell on the plain black shirt and the track pants he had laid on the bed and lifted them up in her palms.

She had initially planned on sleeping in the same clothes and waking up early the next day. But what he did for her was infinitesimally more than what she could ever ask for.

He didn't have to do anything for her, anything at all.

Srishti sighed to herself and stepped into the bathroom, her nose perked up at the familiar fragrance of his cologne surrounding her as she wore the clean clothes he laid for her. Her expectant feet slowly stepped out of the room only to hear the faint noise of the television.

He was either a night owl,or he had trouble sleeping, just like her.

And just when she thought she wouldn't find some time to snooze,her eyes closed on their own accord, marking the beginning of her much awaited repose.

Monday arrived sooner than usual and Srishti's spirits were skyrocketing already as Barath was returning home from his business trip. Srishti felt cheer outlining her features, gracing her pretty lips with a wide smile.

Well, there was something more than that.

The lass blushed till the roots of her hair as she gazed at herself in the mirror, freshly showered and perfectly content with life that very moment. Her eyes fell on her ears where the tiny earring dangle slowly. Her fingers looped around them to remove them as she withdrew a pair of large  to adorn her small ears,

She took her not so used liquid kajal to softly trace around her big, grapefruit eyes, she had even managed to draw a small bindi on her half moon forehead.

Something in her wanted to look beautiful in his eyes . What happened to the girl who had never cared about all these for all the years?

She soon reached college and her day passed by quickly. The college was buzzing with career guidance teams giving guidance about their future and Brochures for their masters.