Are we closer?

Silence prevailed in the car for some time and Srishti took all her time watching her Professor drive them back from his home. The way his wavy tresses moved along the wind, the way his long tapered fingers tapped on the steering well following the rhythm of the soft music that played in the car, the way the golden street lights casted a dreamy illumination on his beautiful brown eyes.

Srishti blushed realizing that she was ogling him shamelessly.

When Adhiran stopped in front of her house , Srishti 's eyes fell on the light that emitted from inside. There was a familiar car that stood under the front porch light.

'Ennachu Sasha?' his eyes filled with concern once again,

'Athu Dinesh oda car..Avan ulla irukan' she whispered, all the color draining from her moonlit face,

Adhiran cursed audibly this time, his hands fisted and hit the steering wheel hard once again,his knuckles whitening in the process, ' Unnoda anna enga? Na pesren avangata'

Srishti shook her head, ' Illa..Anna oorla illa …avanga vara innu four days aaghum'

He took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes, his features all tensed and pressured, ' Enkita en sollala?'

'I thought it wouldn't make any difference ' she told him in a low voice,

' It does, Srishti, it really does. Ne Inga iruka mudiyathu..you just can't..

Priyanka veedu enga iruku?' he asked, his voice lacing with concern and urgency,

'Ahma Priyu- that's when she remembered their last conversation, ' Illa..Ava parents kooda weekend ku velila poiruka' her small palms held her sweaty forehead as she didn't know what else to do.

' You'll have to stay with me tonight '

Srishti 's eyes widened like bullets , ' What!? No!' but he was already driving them away,

' It's either that.. or ne hotel la stay pannanum.. Kaila la cash illana paravala.. I'll pay it myself.. you-

'Haiyooo! Idhu atha vida mosama idea,  Professor Adhiran!'

' Vera enna panna mudiyum ipo?' his tone dropped down to a low husky whisper,

'Illa.. I'll sleep on the sofa.. Early morning aanathum kelambidren

Idhuku mela ungla ennala trouble panna mudiyathu.. you've already done too much for me' she told him, her heart simmered with nothing but adoration and gratitude for his kindness.

' En veetla oru spare bedroom iruku , Sasha' an aggregating scoff left his button lips ,

'Thank you, Professor Adhiran ' Srishti mumbled slowly,

' Don't mention it, he gave her a lone look before smiling again, ' Seriously don't, or I'll be in legal trouble '

Srishti nodded in true seriousness and didn't say anything . Her lips curled on their own accord when Adhiran started laughing at what just happened.

It amazed her at how she had never had a dull moment with him, it marveled her how  he had kept his word of ensuring that she had no problems.

Adhiran drove her to his apartment complex and Srishti the sleek white walls and the place. His place looked so delicate and pristine, situated just behind the beach. It was just a ten minutes walk from the shore and Srishti felt the salty breeze kiss her ruddy cheeks.

Srishti had so much to ask, She wondered how her professor could afford this place on a lecturer's salary as she had heard that buildings in this part of the city cost a fortune. But her naive self felt guilty for probing into his personal life.