Chapter 28 - Battle of Town Illragon (Part 2)

Quick Recap on: A New Age of Warfare

With the attack of Town Illragon underway, the attacks from both 1st and 2nd Paratrooper companies become devastating to the Ill-defended units stationed at the town, they use whatever they could muster in an attempt to stop the enemy's advance.

But that was inadequate, considering they were facing an enemy that fights way differently, and they have no chance to adapt to the seemingly overpowering enemy force, they've managed to take down just a few, but the price for that every enemy kill was enormous. With that, the defenses started to crumble...

It's only a matter of time before they fall...

==================================

Talking: "Hello how are you? I'm under the water... please help me"

Shouting (All CAPS!): "BRUHHHHHHH!!!"

Whispering: "I'm in danger :D"

Telepathy: 'i have come bearing gifts

Thoughts: "it is what it is"

Background/Action: *Sheeeeeeeeeeesh*

Radio: ≈Thot spotted! Over≈

==================================

Location: 2nd Settlement of Town Illragon

Date: December 17, 904

Time: 3:51 AM

3rd P.O.V.

Under the night sky, the battle rages on Quan territory, with the successful capture of Fort Padwell, the Aurorans have now gained a foothold in Quan territory, and they'll use the fort as a main operations base for the duration of the invasion.

At exactly 4:30 AM, Rommel and his army will be the first ones to move towards Quan territory, they'll be the spearhead of the invasion, driving deep into enemy lands, Zhukov's army will be the next army to move to the south to capture port towns and cities, his time of departure will be around 10:00 PM when most if not all of Rommel's army has finished moving to the frontlines.

The battle of Town Illragon was going smoothly for the Auroran Paratroopers, sure they suffered some casualties and injuries during their push inwards, but those were relatively light compared to the Quans suffering, totaling hundreds more than a dozen Aurorans dead.

The defenders of the town are pushed back hard by the sheer firepower from the paratrooper's weapons, the weapons they used proved to be more devastating than the Quan's swords or bows. But the mages proved to be an obstacle to the Aurorans, conjuring shields and spells at the attacks that caused some injuries and minor casualties, but with the quick thinking of Auroran officers, they successfully killed off any mages they encountered.

Although there were attempts to capture a mage from the defenders for interrogation, however, most of the mages they met were gunned down because of how dangerous they are to the paratroopers when approached but soon that'll change.

"Mage up front!"

At the second settlement in the north, a platoon encountered a shield that was forming right in front of them with Quan swordsmen forming behind it.

"Shit! That fucker is trying to make a shield, hurry hit that mage before he completes the shield!"

Seeing it as a threat, the soldiers in the area fired upon the shield with great ferocity, bullets flew through the air and hit the mage's shield in an attempt to hit the mage behind the ever-forming shield, and it worked.