Chapter 29 - The Beginning of a Downfall...

Quick Recap on: A New Age of Warfare

The battle of Town Illragon has almost come to a close. With the capture of the second settlement, the rest of the 2nd Company has sent most of their forces to help the 1st Company to finish off the defenders in the main settlement, while leaving a couple of platoons to guard the captured Quan defenders while dealing with the civilians as well.

The Quan garrison is desperate to hold off the enemy advance, sending wave after wave of Quan defenders to halt the advance, but it's completely useless because the Aurorans possess specific weapons that are designed to handle the problem...

The Quans are getting pushed back...

It's time to put the final nail in the coffin...

==================================

Talking: "Hello how are you? I'm under the water... please help me"

Shouting (All CAPS!): "BRUHHHHHHH!!!"

Whispering: "I'm in danger :D"

Telepathy: 'i have come bearing gifts

Thoughts: "it is what it is"

Background/Action: *Sheeeeeeeeeeesh*

Radio: ≈Thot spotted! Over≈

==================================

Location: 2nd Settlement of Town Illragon

Date: December 17, 904

Time: 4:20 AM

3rd P.O.V.

*Smash!*

"Can someone explain to me why the enemy is still here?!"

Inside the headquarters of the Quan garrison in town Illragon, the former home of the Mayor, four people wearing fancy and military-grade armor with decorative medals adorning their uniforms, indicating that they're important personnel. In front of them is a man who looked rather furious as the man observed various papers strayed about.

"I told you all earlier to send in the reserves to push those invaders out of my town, I expected good results when the reserves joined the fight," the man in a slightly lower tone while as he read the contents of the papers on his table, while his tone is lower than before, it was still loud enough for the rest of the people inside the room to hear what he's saying.

The man's head suddenly jerked up, making the four very decorated officers flinch ever so slightly, "But what you guys gave to me are disastrous! Indicating that even the reserves aren't enough to push them out!" The man raged, holding the papers in his hand as he waved it in front of the officers in front of him. It was clear to them that he was not pleased with the results.

An hour ago, the commander had ordered the rest of the reserves to help out on the defense to push the enemy out of the town, the reason why he had made this move was based on the reports he received during early engagements with the enemy, they outnumbered the enemy by a large margin, he was confident that with just sheer numbers, he could defeat the enemy easily. But of course, he failed to see the capabilities of the enemy.

With that, he received numerous reports of their units being defeated and routed during their encounter with the enemy. Needless to say, he didn't like the results.