PART 2 - ELLE

Manuel is still eating his breakfast when I'm running around the house looking for my shoes.

"Why are you running? There's still twenty minutes left."

"Yes, and it takes fifteen minutes to drive to school. Do you see the problem here?"

"Well, twenty minus fifteen is five, which means I still have five minutes to eat my breakfast, and you have five minutes to find whatever you're looking for."he says.

"I'm looking for my converse, and yes, that's five minutes, but unlike you, I have friends in school that I want to see after summer break."

"I have ten times as many friends as you, and you literally saw Rose yesterday."

"Just shut up if you don't have anything useful to say."I sighed.

"Your shoes are at the back door."

"Manuel, you could have told me earlier instead of whatever bullshit you were saying!"I rushed to the back door.

In just a second he's at the front door on his way to his car and I rush past him to take my spot in the back and dump my backpack on the car floor.

Unfortunately for me Manuel does indeed have ten times as many friends as me and we need to pick up two of them everyday which is also why I need to share the car with some guys everyday instead of enjoying a peaceful ride to school.

At least I get free rides every morning, plus, Zach and Elijah aren't exactly the worst. If we were early they sometimes even offered to pay for my overpriced coffees.

We first stopped by Zach's house and he climbed in next to Manuel. They did their little handshake before he shortly greeted me and we continued driving to Elijah's house.

He practically runs over to the car and jumps in next to me, almost trampling my backpack on his way. "Elle, look what I got you!"

He shows me a bracelet.

"It's a souvenir from South Africa, my grandma insisted I'd buy one. Oh, and I got one for you too, Manuel."

He showed us two colourful beaded bracelets, one was slightly longer than the other.

"Nice that you think of me too, I guess, as your friend's brother." Manuel joked.

"Oh, does Manuel want some attention too?"Elijah said in an overly sweet voice

We later arrived at school. I put Elijah's bracelet in the pocket of my jeans because it didn't really fit my outfit today.

I was wearing wide, light blue jeans, a tight red top, and a white cardigan with little cherries embroidered on it.

I didn't put up my hair today but a little silver clip keeps the blonde strands from falling into my face, a few of them still hang in my face, but that was for aesthetics.

I made a mental note to figure out a nice outfit for the bracelet so I could wear it sometime without looking like a clown.

I'm meeting Rose, Katie, Nila and Mia at our usual bench and we greet each other with a hug as Rose tells me our lockers are next to each other as she hands me the keys she picked up for me.

The first day we didn't have any classes yet so the teachers had the entire school gather in the theatre for some "extra information".

"I can't believe they're making us sit through the same torture every year," Mia said. "You should be grateful they don't immediately dump you in maths class," Kate responded. We walked to the seats we got assigned and suddenly I felt eyes in my back. I shook it off, we were in a big room with literally the entire school. Of Course there are people going to look at you. Instead I focused on finding my brother in the crowd. Though we never really acknowledged each other in school, I kind of wanted to see him.

I sat down between Rose and Nila when I decided to just check out if there was anyone staring at me to be certain. I looked behind me and found Manuel and his friends in a few rows above us, none of them was looking our way.

And then I saw him, next to Greg (another friend of my brother), a black haired guy was sitting between the other seniors. He looked ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous as he was talking to another guy on his right but his eyes were on me the entire time, not letting go of my gaze. He seemed to say something to his friend, one short word, which caused him to look my way as well.

I didn't even bother to look at his friend and studied the left guy's features. He had tanned skin and messy pitch black hair. His eyes were a deep brown and his lashes were so long and thick I could see them clearly from all the way over here. His jawline wasn't too wide but still defined and his lips were plump and slightly chapped. I almost drooled until Rose broke my trance: "Gosh, who is that guy? I don't think I've seen him here before."

"I don't know, I don't think I've seen him either '', I said, ripping my eyes off him. "He was staring at you so hard." she said, attempting and failing to wiggle her eyebrows.

"Ahh, shut up", I blushed, "he was probably looking somewhere else.", I said. Why would a guy like that pay attention to me? Out of hundreds of students here, he couldn't have noticed me right? I tried to make myself believe he wasn't staring at me but I still felt a spark of hope.