Part 2 Chp 25: Everyone's Unknown Past

If there is one thing Taehyung is unaware of, it is that the author of the well-known book he adores recently published a special chapter that explores the characters' little-known backstory. After learning that a devoted, incredibly loyal reader of their book had passed away while reading it, the author felt depressed and quickly wrote and dedicated this chapter specifically for him. This is the backstory of why the author made a special chapter out of nowhere.

Jennie purchased and legally unlocked the final special chapter after learning that the author had created one for the book. She is currently reading the chapter.

Jennie said, staring at something, "Hope you could read this too, Taehyung. I know that you'll jump in happiness while yelling at me about this recently released chapter." Immediately after wiping away her tears, she grinned and said, "Oh, yes! I'll just read it out loud for you hehe because I know you'll hear it too, right?"

(The following scenes are from the newly released special chapter from the original novel.)

A 10-year-old child burst into speech as he entered his father's office, "Papa, why wouldn't anyone want to talk with me?" The current king of the West, who is his father, decided to halt what he was doing and concentrate on his son's issue.

"Were you trying to get close to them or talk with them?" Little Jungkook nodded, his face so glum and pouty that even the servants swoon at how adorable their crown prince is even though he's currently sad.

"Yes father, but they're all still avoiding me because they reasoned out that since I'm the son of the king, I shouldn't be harmed nor spoken to. However, as for me, as long as they talk or play with me, it's okay if they hurt me," As soon as they heard what Jungkook said, everyone in the room started to feel depressed and empathetic towards the young child.

As he put Jungkook on his lap and exhaled sadly, the king said, "Of course, it's not good if you or other kids will be hurt just to have friends so don't ever think of getting hurt, okay?"

Little Jungkook paused for a moment and asked his father, looking up at him with those adorable puppy eyes, "Father, may I just stop going to the royal school?"

"W-what?" The question from his son startled his father who just responded, "What do you mean about that, son?"

"Please, father... Just let me study here again inside, just like back then, because they're all just ignoring me there and the teacher is the only one who's willing to speak to me," the child pleaded, his eyes telling hundreds of emotions.

"Do you really want that, Jungkook? You're the one who wishes to attend school and study there, right? If you're homeschooled again, you'll truly have no chance to make new friends just as you longed for," The king questioned.

"Yes, father. There's still no difference; I just grew more lonely after going to school," said Jungkook as he nodded, his eyes still displaying a trace of sadness.

"Oh Jungkook, I'm sorry if you went through that... Don't worry, I'm going to work regarding this, okay?" The king tightened his embrace around his son, a small tear forming in his eye from the sadness he felt for his son. Alongside them, other royal guards and staff may be seen crying as well. After giving his father a tender grin, Jungkook just kept on hugging his father lovingly.

"Thank you, papa, for granting my wish again."

"Anything for my son."

Little Jungkook's days were spent playing by himself, primarily in the courtyard beneath the cherry tree. He has a special affection for it because his father once told him a tale about how his parents planted a tree before they were wed. Because of this, he always imagines his mother to be right there beside him whenever he is by this tree.