Part 3 Chp 34: Myung with His Final Act

"It seems unlikely that Taehyungie will visit us today... the kids are all in bed and sleeping now, and it's already been hours." Soonyoung mumbled to Jihoon, who merely bowed his head sorrowfully and agreed, saying, "Yes, I believe so too."

"I apologize for that, Mr. Lee, Mr. Kwon, I also don't know what's taking His Highness this long..." Mr. Jeon, with apologetic eyes, said. Both Soonyoung and Jihoon just shook their heads and smiled, "Don't fret about it, Mr. Jeon. Besides, His Highness is really busy and him doing this is already enough for us, we couldn't ask for more." Mr. Jeon smiled but deep inside, he's now really worried towards their crown prince, not just as his assistant but also his friend. Ever since they were children, they already both knew each other, Taehyung, as of course, the young crown prince and Jeon Wonwoo as the child of one maid in the palace. Wonwoo, that time, was just sitting below the tallest tree in the garden, quiet, reserve and lonely with his deep thoughts when Taehyung saw and approached him, and from then on, whenever Wonwoo's going with his mother, both of them were always playing, together with Myung.

Jeon Wonwoo was also acquainted with Jeon Jungkook, having known the child since his first visit to their realm. He witnessed their mutual admiration for one another. In addition, he is the one who consistently receives the letters that Jungkook penned, even though Wonwoo isn't the one who sends them straight to Taehyung. An entire year following Jungkook's incessant writings, Wonwoo already informed Taehyung about the letters, but Taehyung claimed to know nothing about it and to have never received any.

That's when Wonwoo's gut feeling kicks in, because there's no other person who's getting the letters from him except that one person, Myung. Wonwoo didn't know that Myung had witnessed the event when he first received the letter from Jungkook's personal guard. As a result, he cornered Wonwoo and informed him that he would be the one to give it to his brother and that if there were any other letters, Wonwoo should also give them to Myung before sending them to his older brother. Wonwoo didn't question it since he also thought that it's just for security purposes of the crown prince but he didn't expect that the crown prince, from all those hundred letters, didn't receive just one of it. So Wonwoo, as Taehyung's friend, watched Myung's actions quietly. He's determined to find that feeling of discomfort, that feeling of danger towards Myung.

Wonwoo also hopes that what he's feeling is the opposite of the truth since he also cares for Myung.

Wonwoo flinched violently as a loud screeching noise erupted into his mind. Wonwoo was soon approached by Soonyoung and Jihoon, who noted his behavior and barraged him with questions. However, Wonwoo was unable to hear them because of the loud noise that sounded like someone scratching a mirror right beside him.

"Mr. Jeon? What's happening?"

"Wonwoo?! Are you okay?! What happened?"

Suddenly, the prolonged sound ceased. If it weren't for Soonyoung's prompt intervention, Wonwoo would have passed out and fallen to the ground. His face had turned pale, and he appeared to be breathing heavily, as if he had just finished a strenuous marathon. Without any delay, Jihoon picked up a glass of water and handed it to Wonwoo, who promptly drank it. Despite his continued agony, Wonwoo tried his best to sit on the chair Jihoon had given him.

Despite the man's concerned gaze, neither Jihoon nor Soonyoung asked a question-especially because the man is still heaving in his seat. Wonwoo looked up, and as they stared at him, the expression of devastation never left their eyes.

"S-Something happened... But I don't know what it is..."

"W-What?" Jihoon questioned, stammering as he struggled to understand what had actually happened or what was simply happening.

"I-I... I also don't have an idea but I know something bad happened towards His Highness, towards T-Taehyung..."

"WHAT?"