Chapter 16

The next day I left the house early, planning to meet up with my friends. I walked to the park that happened to be pretty close, and spotted them across the field. I caught up to them, with the boys playing with a football, passing it around while my other friends sat on a bench close by, watching. I smiled at my friends, before sitting down on the bench to catch up with them. We kept talking, before the topic of the boys came up.
"Kelsey, that boy has been in love with you since the second grade!" My friend Charlotte said, as Kelsey looked over at the boy in question, playing football with his mates. Kelsey blushed and looked down.
"We're just friends." She said.
"Oh please, friends don't look at each other like that." I scoffed as I saw him looking at Kelsey, like she was the only girl in the world. The rest of us turned to look too, and he waved to us, smiling at Kelsey.
"Says you." Said Kelsey. "We know you have a thing for Matt's hockey friend."
"What? No!" I exclaimed, while the others laughed at me. "I don't even know his name!"
"Not yet." Said Niya with a smirk. "We've seen how you look at him."
"Guys I don't like him! Sure he's hot but I've never talked to him." I said while my friends laughed.
"Shut it." I said, only earning knowing looks from my friends.
"You should talk to him." Said Charlotte.
"Says you!" I said. "You and Carter are made for each other."
Charlotte blushed, and looked over at Carter, messing around with his mates. She turned around back to us and smiled.
"Well, maybe mystery boy is perfect for you too." She said, and I shook my head, laughing. We talked for a little while before walking back over to the boys who had quit football and were now throwing a frisbee around. Looking around, I noticed a few more people had joined us, including Matt's friend.
"You should go talk to him." Niya nudged me and I shook my head. I was perfectly fine to observe from a distance, the way his hair flopped on top of his head and his cute smile with the smallest dimple.
"Go on," She said. "Shoot your shot."
I laughed and shook my head. "Maybe another day."
As we turned around again to look at him again, he seemed to sway, before he stumbled onto the grass. He held his head, and a few seconds later he fell onto his back.
"Hey, is that normal?" I asked Niya, nudging her in the direction of the boy. Her eyes widened and she shook her head. I instantly started worrying and I rushed over to him as fast as I could, although it wasn't very fast. When I arrived to his side, I noticed he had tensed up, and shaking in the slightest way. His eyes were blank and he didn't seem conscious.
"Matt!" I yelled. "Something's wrong!"
Matt saw Niya and I next to his friend and rushed over to us.
"Shit. Shit, shit!" He swore.
"Matt! Whats happening?" I asked frantically, pulling out my phone to call an ambulance.
"Fucking seizure." Matt muttered, turning his friend onto his side.
"Is he going to be okay?" Niya asked, as he continued to seize.
"He should be..." Matt said.
"I called an ambulance," I said. "I'm calling Gabe." I said, pulling out my phone.
"Gabe! Matt's friend is having a seizure in the park!" I said, my voice shaking.
"Alright Cam, you need to stay calm. Have you called an ambulance?" Gabe said.
"I did." I said. "He's still shaking."
"Alright Cam, move him onto his side, incase he vomits. Until the ambulance gets there, there's not much you can do except wait for it to stop. Protect his head if you can, and I'll rush over to the park." He said and I nodded, ending the call.
When I looked back to the boy, he was pale but had stopped seizing. Niya stood close behind me and Matt kept him on his side while shoving a sweater under his head. The rest of our friends stood a ways back, giving us space. A few minutes later, Gabe showed up, assessing the situation.
"Good job Matt." Gabe said. "You did exactly the right thing."
He then kneeled down next the unconscious boy, feeling for a pulse and listening for breaths. After a minute, the boy groaned and shifted slightly on the ground.
"Whoa, calm down bud." Gabe said. "You've just had a seizure." The boy groaned again, before opening his eyes briefly.
"That's it, let's keep those eyes open, yeah?" Gabe said, rubbing his arm gently. The boy opened his eyes again, revealing light gray eyes that shone in the sun.
"Can you tell me your name?" Gabe asked, shielding the boy's eyes form the harsh light. He groaned again, before opening his mouth to speak.
"My name's..."

Name ideas?
Comments!!