Chapter 6

When I woke up the next day, I was in my bed. I guess one of my brothers were carried me upstairs before going to bed. I grabbed my phone, seeing a text from Gabe, saying that everyone but the junior twins and Charlie were out, and would be back in the afternoon. The twins were probably studying in their rooms, and I don't know what Charlie would be doing. I walked downstairs, and saw Charlie sitting on the couch, reading. When he heard me, he looked up and smiled. "Hey Cam, how did you sleep?" He asked me. "Pretty good." I replied, and went to the kitchen. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast, and brought it back to where Charlie was sitting, and sat down next to him. He smiled, and pulled me into him, and I let him. We talked for a bit, and I told him how much I hate my brothers' jobs, and he laughed. "I know you do Cam. We try to keep work and home separate, but sometimes it's impossible." He said, kissing my forehead. "Just remember, we all love you, and we never mean to hurt you." He said to me. I leaned into him, and stayed there for an hour. Then Charlie got up, saying he had chores to do. I groaned, but let him get up. I then went upstairs and brushed my teeth and stuff, before sitting down on my bed. I was on my phone for a while, and then I got the idea to get a dog. I went to go tell Charlie, who was dusting downstairs. I took a few steps down the stairs, and I tripped, falling all the way down, landing on my knee. I screamed out in pain, I definitely injured myself some how. Nathan heard me, and came running down the stairs. "Nate it hurts so bad." I sobbed. A few seconds later Kade came down the stairs. "What happened Cam?" He asked, panicked. "I fell down the stairs." I sobbed. Then Charlie came, running. When he saw me sobbing and my swollen knee, he went into doctor mode. "How far down the stairs were you when you fell Cam?" He asked me. "The top." I cried out. "Do you guys have a pen light or something?" Charlie asked the twins. Kade nodded, and ran to his room, and came back with a tiny flashlight. "Look at me Cam." Charlie said, shining the light in my eyes briefly, before he removed it. He did this a few times. "I'm just checking if you have a concussion." He said. A few moments later, he handed the pen light back to Kade, who stuffed it in his pocket. "Check her ACL Charlie." Said Nathan. Charlie went to touch my knee, that was very swollen, but I swatted his hand away. "Cam you have to let me touch a tiny bit, I need to know if I need to take you to the hospital." Charlie said. I sighed, and leaned into Nate, who comforted me. Charlie barely moved my leg, and I was sobbing in pain. Charlie sighed, before picking me up off the ground, and he carried me out to the car. He carefully put me into the car, and then Kade and Nate got in the car. Charlie went back into the house, grabbing his phone, and an ice pack. He threw his phone to Kade, instructing him to text the others. He then started driving, and then we were at the hospital. "I texted the others." Said Kade. Charlie nodded, and came to pick me up, but I wouldn't let him. "Please Charlie, don't make me go in there!" I sobbed, trying to back away from him. "Cameron Sutter! You are going to the hospital no matter what!" He yelled at me. I flinched, Charlie was always one of the nicest, and he never yelled or screamed. Charlie realized what he had done, and was trying to apologize, but the damage was done. Charlie backed away, and Kade was there, trying to pick me up. I put up a struggle, but eventually he picked me up, and carried me into the emergency room. Charlie signed me in, and we waited. "I'm really sorry Cam. I knew you were scared, and I still yelled. I'm sorry Cam." Charlie apologized. "It's ok." I mumbled, leaning into him. I was tired, and Charlie noticed this, picking me up and placing me on his lap. I leaned up against him, and closed my eyes. Soon, I heard my name being called, and Charlie picked me up. He was walking, and then he stopped. He sat down on one of those hospital beds, with me on his lap. "What seems to the the problem?" The doctor asked. I looked at the doctor, and it was Matt. Matt is one of Charlie's friends, I've seen him around before. "Cam fell down the stairs and hurt her knee." Charlie said to Matt. Matt nodded. "No signs of concussion, possible torn ACL, PCL is fine. No other obvious injuries." Charlie told Matt. "Can I take a look at your knee Cam?" Matt asked. I shook my head. "Well I'm going to have to Cam." He said. "Can you straighten your leg at all?" He asked me. I tried to, but it hurt way too much. I shook my head. "Can you bend your knee at all?" Matt said. I tried, and this time I could, but just a little. "Well, it's better that nothing." Matt said. "Can I touch your knee a tiny bit, princess?" He asked me. I shrugged. Matt took this as an OK, and rolled the stool over to my leg. He gently felt around my knee, before briefly trying to bend and straighten it. "You might be right about that ACL Charlie." He said. "I'm gonna order an MRI, and we'll go from there." Matt said. Charlie nodded. "I'll be back soon you guys." He said. A few minutes later, a nurse came in and checked my vitals. It went ok, except for blood pressure, and Charlie had to hold me so I couldn't take it off on my own. Then soon enough, another nurse came to take is to radiology. Charlie came with me, and the twins went to the waiting room. Charlie walked beside the bed, holding my hand. They wheeled the bed next to the MRI machine, and Charlie helped me scoot off the bed onto the machine. He stayed with me until the nurse asked him to leave. I panicked, but the nurse told me that he just couldn't be in the room, and that he was right outside the room. She put me in the right position, and asked if I wanted music. I nodded. "Anything specific?" She asked me. "Country?" I said, and she nodded. She left the room, and soon music started playing. The thing I was on slid into the machine, and I was scared. It was loud, and I felt like I was trapped. I could feel my breathing increase, but then someone started talking through a mic. "Calm down Cam. You are ok. It'll be over soon." Said someone, and I think it was Charlie. About 20 minutes later, I was pulled out, and Charlie helped me back onto the bed. "Good job Cam." He said, kissing my forehead. "Some kids need sedation, but you didn't. I'm proud of you." He said. They wheeled the bed to back where it was before, and we waited. I was cuddled into Charlie, and I heard someone enter the room, but I didn't move. Someone chuckled, and I assumed it was Matt. Charlie pulled me so I was sitting upright, but I was still leaning on him. "So I got the results from your scan Cam." Matt said. "They're not great."

A/N Shoot me ideas in the comments!