Chapter 18

A few days later I was back in school, and I had talked to Luke a little bit. He was a little shy but was honestly attractive and super nice, I was considering asking him to hang out alone or something.

While I contemplated asking Luke, my thoughts were interrupted by Mitchell joining me on the couch.

"Hey Cam," he said, turning to face me.

"I just wanted to remind you that you will need to see a dentist sometime soon. I don't care if it's me, or Anton, or someone else but you do need to see one."

I glared and let out a groan.

"No, I'm not doing that." I said, standing up to leave. Mitchell gently stopped me by holding my hand and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I know you hate it Cameron, I truly do, but it needs to be done. I don't care who does it, as long as it gets done. I won't be offended if you want to see Anton or someone else, I promise." Mitchell said.

I shook my head and he sighed.

"Cam I really, really don't want to force you but it is necessary. It's completely painless and super quick."

"I'm not doing it," I said, "But if you're making me go to an office I'm going to Anton's cause he has better TV channels."

Mitchell chuckled and let go of my hand.

"If that's what you want Cam," He said.
"I'll make an appointment."

I let out a groan, going to leave before I was stopped again.

"Oh Cam! I forgot but you also have a follow up appointment with your surgeon for your knee." Mitchell said. "But that's nothing to freak out about, super easy."

I glared, shaking my head.

Mitchell smiled at me apologetically.

"I'm taking you this afternoon, alright Cam?"

I nodded and could finally escape to my room where I fell onto the bed. I didn't care too much about the knee appointment but I was still anxious, but I was completely freaked out with the dentist.

I had never seen Anton as a dentist before and even though he had done my braces he was still and dentist and not too be trusted. It was only made more difficult by the fact that he spend half his free time with Tyler so I saw him way too much, but he was usually pretty chill.

A few hours later I went downstairs again, mentally sighing when I saw Anton and Tyler together working on their laptops.

"Hey Cam!" Anton grinned at me, pausing his work.

I frowned back at him, his face showing confusion.

"I thought we were getting better Cam?" He said, giving me his full attention while drawing Tyler's attention away from the laptop.

"What happened to me just being Ty's friend? No dentist?"

"What happened is that I was informed that I have an appointment with you sometime soon." I said, the frown still etched on my face.

"What? When?" He asked, checking his laptop.

"I don't know, Mitchell said he'd make an appointment." I said grumpily, sitting down on the couch opposite to him.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense but right now I'm not a dentist." He said. "And even when you're at the office you know you're in complete control. I will never force you into anything."

I shrugged, turning away from him.

"Cam, please. I really want you to be able to trust me, as a dentist and as a person, I promise I won't hurt you." He said, trying to get me to look at him.

He got a glance and I sighed.

"I know, I want to trust you, I really do but it's just really difficult." I whispered.

"I know Cam, I know what it's like to have trust issues, it's just something to work on, yeah?" He said and I nodded.

"But for now let's just get your mind off it, why don't we play a game." He said, picking up the controllers.

I grinned and accepted the controller, more than happy to forget about all my appointments, only until Mitchell came down an hour later, reminding me about my knee appointment.

"Cam let's go." He said, holding his keys.

I groaned, putting my controller down causing Anton to pause the game. I stood and made my way over to Mitch while looking back at Tyler and Anton.

"Good luck Cam" Anton smiled at me, Tyler also wishing me good luck.

I smiled back at them, grateful for the encouragement before I anxiously stepped i to the car with Mitchell, on my way to yet another doctors appointment.

Comments!! If I like the idea I'll definitely use it!