Chapter 11

"Well Cam," Anton said. "Unfortunately you do need braces." I leaned into Ty, and he rubbed my back.
"Are you even an orthodontist?" I asked him. He chuckled, and nodded.
"I'm a family dentist, and I do pediatric orthodontics." He said.
"For how long Ant?" Ty asked. Anton sighed.
"Well, it really depends. There are a few ways you could go about treatment." He said.
"What about Invisalign?" I mumbled.
"Well Cam, it wouldn't work for your case, as some of your teeth would require vertical movement, which cannot be done with Invisalign." Anton said.
"What treatment would you suggest?" Ty asked.
"Well," Anton said. "I would probably start with traditional braces. You would have those, along with a forsus, probably for around six months." Anton said.
"That's it?" I asked, and he shook his head.
"After that, you would have Invisalign for two more years, with elastics. Of course, patient compliance is key. If you don't wear the trays, I would probably have to switch back to traditional braces." Anton said. Ty nodded.
"If we didn't do that, what other options are there?" He asked.
"There are plenty of options, but the most common other choice would probably be traditional braces and something to fix the bite for two-ish years." Anton spoke, and Ty nodded again.
"Well, thank you Ant, I guess we'll go home and talk about the options." Ty said. Anton nodded, and stood up, giving Ty a bro hug. "Thanks man." Ty said.
"No problem." Anton replied. "Bye Ty, bye Cam." He said, as we walked out the door. After we left the office, I groaned.
"I don't want braces Ty." I moaned, as we walked to the car.
"I know you don't Cam." Ty said. "But think about the pretty smile you will have when it's over." He said, as we got in the car and he stated driving. "Besides," He spoke. "Anton said you'll only need metal braces for about six months. After that you can get Invisalign." I sighed.
"I guess." I said. We arrived home, and walked into the house, where Finn was waiting for us on the couch.
"How did it go?" He asked. I groaned, and Ty laughed. Ty sat down on the couch across from Finn, pulling me onto his lap.
"Anton said she does need braces." Ty said. Finn nodded.
"That was expected." He said.
"Finn, if you gave Cam braces, what would the treatment plan be?" Ty asked. Finn paused to think.
"Full braces for two years at least. During the two years, she would have twin force bite correctors for a year, and then headgear a night with elastics for a year." Finn said.
"Anton said that I only needed metal braces for six months, and then I could have Invisalign for the next two years." I said.
"What did he say about fixing your bite?" Finn asked. "Uhh..." I said, and Ty let a smile make its way on to his face. "Anton said a forsus with the braces, and elastics with Invisalign." Ty said. Finn nodded.
"That could work." He said. Then a frown came over his face.
"So I guess Cam is going to Anton?" Finn said to Ty. Ty looked down at me, and I nodded.
"I guess so." Said Ty.
"I don't know if I trust this guy." Finn mumbled, and Ty sighed.
"Finn he's perfectly qualified." Ty said. Finn sighed and frowned again, before getting up and leaving the room. Ty grinned down at me, before tickling me and pushing me off the couch. I burst out laughing, and he grinned. "Let's watch a movie before the others get home." He said, and I nodded in agreement, sitting beside him. Ty put a movie on, and we sat there for the next two hours, watching the movie.
Slowly, more of my brothers trickled in, sitting down in various positing around the room. After the movie was finished, Charlie made dinner, and we were all sitting at the table, eating. Gabe and Charlie were talking about something at work, when Finn brought it the topic of braces.
"How did the appointment go?" Gabe asked me, and I groaned, putting my head on the table. My brothers laughed, and Ty answered for me.
"Finn took out her expander, and told her she needed braces, and she didn't believe him. We then went to Anton's for another consultation, and he also said that she needed braces. He told us his treatment plan, and Finn told us his, and Cam chose that she would rather see Anton." Ty summarized for all of my brothers. While they absorbed this information, Gabe started smirking.
"Aww, we have the fifth metal mouth in the family!" He said, nudging me with his elbow. I shot him a glare, and some of my other brothers chuckled.
"You were one too!" I said to him.
"But I looked hot with braces!" He said, before him and my brothers burst out laughing. I glared at him, and eventually they stopped. "I was just joking Cam." Gabe said, slinging his arm around my shoulder, giving me a side hug.
"You'll look cute with braces, it runs in the family." I shrugged him off, and continued to eat my dinner. The rest of my brothers broke off into different conversations, Finn and Mitchell were talking, Charlie and Gabe were talking, and Ty, Kade and Nathan were talking. I quickly finished my food, and left the table, escaping to my room. I sat on my bed, and sighed.
'Would I really look bad with braces?' I thought. I sighed and stood up and walked over to the bathroom mirror. I smiled, looking at my teeth. I could see that my teeth were definitely not straight, but I still didn't see a reason to glue metal to them. I sat back down on my bed, and pulled out my phone, and started playing games. A few minutes later, there was a knock on my door. I didn't reply, and I opened. Gabe stuck his head into my room, and quickly spotted me.
"Hey Cam, can I come in?" He asked, and I shrugged in reply. He came in anyways, and and down next to me on my bed. "You're not mad at me, right Cam?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"Then why were you acting off at dinner?" He asked.
"It just made me a little worried about what I would look like with braces." I mumbled, leaning into him. "Oh Cam..." He said, rubbing my back.
"You'll look fine, I promise. Lots of kids have them, besides, you only have metal ones for a little while, right?" He said.
"I guess so." I mumbled.
"Look at me Cam." He said, pulling away and putting his hand on my shoulder. "You are beautiful no matter what Cam." He said. "Braces won't change who you are as a person. We will all still love you and so will your friends. And besides, at the end you'll have a perfect smile." He said with a gentle smile.
I let a tiny grin slip onto my face, and Gabe smirked. "Is that a little smile I see?" He said, reaching out to tickle me. I squealed, and backed away from his. He laughed, and chased me around the house, until we collapsed onto his bed, tired out.
"Cam you should be getting to bed now." He said, looking at his watch. I groaned, and he laughed. "Go brush your teeth and get washed up Cam, and then come say good night." He said. I nodded, brushing my teeth, and saying goodnight to my brothers, before climbing into my bed and falling asleep.