Chapter 1 - Introducing Khushi Gupta

As Khushi walked into her family's living room, her eyes immediately fell on the stack of wedding invitations that sat on the coffee table. She let out a sigh, knowing what was to come.

"Khushi, beta," her mother said, beaming at her. "Come sit down. We have something important to talk about."

Khushi took a seat on the couch and braced herself for the conversation she knew was coming. She had just turned 25, which in her family's eyes meant it was time for her to get married.

"Khushi, you know we love you very much," her father began, "but it's time for you to think about settling down. We've found a wonderful match for you - a young man from a good family who's very successful."

Khushi tried to keep her composure as she heard the familiar script her parents had prepared for her. She knew the drill - they'd show her a photo of the guy, give her his resume, and expect her to fall in line with their plans.

But Khushi had other plans. She was determined to make it big in the fashion industry, and she wasn't going to let anyone stand in her way.

"Thank you for thinking of me, Papa," Khushi said, trying to sound grateful. "But right now, I'm focused on my career. I want to make a name for myself in the fashion industry."

Her parents exchanged a glance, clearly disappointed.

"Khushi, you know we support your dreams," her mother said, "but it's important to think about your future. You need a stable husband who can take care of you."

Khushi bristled at the implication that she needed a man to take care of her. She was more than capable of taking care of herself.

"I appreciate your concern, Ma," she said, her voice firm, "but I'm not ready to get married yet. I want to focus on my career and see where that takes me."

Her parents didn't look convinced, but they didn't press the issue further. Khushi knew that this was just the beginning of their pressure to get her married, but she was determined to stay true to herself and follow her dreams.

As the conversation came to a close, Khushi excused herself and retreated to her room. She sat on her bed, feeling a mix of frustration and determination. She had always known that her family would pressure her to get married, but she refused to let that stand in the way of her dreams.

Khushi had always been interested in fashion. She loved designing clothes and had a natural eye for style. She had studied fashion design in college and had even interned at a top fashion house in Mumbai. She was determined to make it big in the industry, and she knew that it wouldn't be easy.

She picked up her sketchbook and started sketching out some new designs. She lost track of time as she poured her creativity onto the page. She felt alive and excited, knowing that she was following her passion.

As the day turned into night, Khushi's stomach growled. She realized that she hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. She got up from her bed and walked into the kitchen, where her mother was preparing dinner.

"Khushi, beta, come help me with dinner," her mother said, smiling at her.

Khushi smiled back and started helping her mother chop vegetables. As they worked, her mother couldn't resist bringing up the topic of marriage again.

"Khushi, you know we only want what's best for you," she said, her tone gentle. "You're not getting any younger, and it's important to think about your future."

Khushi took a deep breath, trying to keep her frustration in check.

"Ma, please don't start again," she said, her voice tinged with irritation. "I'm not ready to get married yet. I have so much I want to achieve in my career."

Her mother sighed, knowing that she wasn't going to get through to Khushi. She knew that her daughter was determined and independent, but as a mother, she couldn't help but worry about her future.

"Okay, beta," she said, giving in. "I won't push it for now. But just remember that we love you and want what's best for you."

Khushi nodded, grateful for her mother's understanding. She knew that her family meant well, but she couldn't let their expectations hold her back. She was determined to make her mark in the fashion industry, no matter what it took.