Chapter 2: The Meeting

As Khushi walked into the coffee shop, she couldn't help feeling nervous. She had agreed to meet Arnav Raizada, the man her parents had chosen for her to marry. She had heard about him from her parents and knew that he came from a prestigious family and was a successful businessman.

As she looked around, she saw a tall, well-dressed man sitting at a table in the corner, typing away on his laptop. She guessed that it must be Arnav. She took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"Excuse me," she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "Are you Arnav Raizada?"

Arnav looked up from his laptop and gave her a quick once-over before standing up.

"Yes, I am," he said, his tone formal. "You must be Khushi Gupta."

Khushi nodded, feeling self-conscious under his scrutiny.

"Nice to meet you," she said, extending her hand for a handshake.

Arnav took her hand and gave it a quick shake before gesturing for her to sit down.

"I ordered some coffee for us," he said, indicating the cups on the table. "Would you like some?"

Khushi nodded, feeling relieved to have something to do with her hands. They sat in silence for a few moments, sipping their coffee.

"So, Khushi," Arnav said, breaking the silence. "Tell me about yourself."

Khushi felt a little taken aback by his directness, but she decided to be honest.

"I'm a fashion designer," she said, smiling. "I'm very passionate about my work and I hope to make it big in the industry someday."

Arnav raised an eyebrow.

"Fashion design?" he said, sounding a little surprised. "That's an interesting choice."

Khushi felt a twinge of annoyance at his tone, but she didn't let it show.

"I know it's not the typical career choice for someone from a traditional family like mine," she said, "but it's what I love to do."

Arnav nodded, seeming to take her seriously for the first time.

"I respect that," he said, leaning back in his chair. "I come from a business background myself, so I understand the importance of following your passion."

Khushi was a little surprised to hear him say that. She had assumed that he would be more traditional and conservative, but she could see now that there was more to him than she had initially thought.

They chatted for a few more minutes, exchanging pleasantries and getting to know each other a little better. Khushi found herself enjoying the conversation more than she had expected.

As they finished their coffee, Arnav cleared his throat.

"I know that this meeting must be a little awkward for both of us," he said, his tone serious. "But I want you to know that I'm open to getting to know you better, Khushi. I think we have a lot in common, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes."

Khushi felt a little taken aback by his sudden declaration, but she couldn't help feeling a little intrigued. She had expected him to be cold and distant, but he seemed to be opening up to her.

"Thank you, Arnav," she said, giving him a small smile. "I'm open to getting to know you better too."

As they parted ways, Khushi couldn't help feeling a little confused. She had gone into the meeting expecting to dislike Arnav, but she had come away feeling a little intrigued by him. She didn't know where this was going, but she was willing to find out.