Chapter 13: The Business Trip

As Arnav left for his business trip, Khushi felt a mix of emotions. On one hand, she was proud of him for all he had accomplished and excited for the opportunities that lay ahead. But on the other hand, she was sad and lonely, missing his presence.

She distracted herself by immersing herself in work, but as the days passed, she found herself constantly checking her phone for any updates from Arnav. She longed to hear his voice and see his face.

One evening, as she sat alone at home, she couldn't hold back her tears any longer. She felt overwhelmed by the distance between them and the thought of spending even one more night without him. She picked up her phone and dialled his number, hoping to hear his voice.

"Hey Khushi," Arnav answered, his voice calm and reassuring.

"Arnav, I miss you so much," Khushi said, her voice trembling.

"I miss you too, sweetheart," Arnav replied. "But we'll be together soon. Just hold on a little longer."

Khushi took a deep breath, feeling comforted by his words. They talked for a while longer, catching up on their days and sharing their thoughts and feelings. Khushi felt a little less alone, knowing that Arnav was just a phone call away.

As the days passed, Khushi tried to keep herself busy with work and hobbies, but she couldn't shake the feeling of loneliness that lingered within her. She longed for Arnav's company and touch.

One day, she received a surprise package in the mail from Arnav. It was a beautiful bouquet and a handwritten note that read, "I miss you too, my love. Hang in there. Love, Arnav."

Khushi's heart swelled with love and gratitude as she read the note. She felt a little less alone, knowing that Arnav was thinking of her even though he was miles away.

She placed the bouquet on the dining table and admired its beauty, feeling a sense of connection to Arnav through the flowers. She decided to take a picture and send it to Arnav, hoping to bring a smile to his face.

As she snapped the picture, she felt a sudden pang of sadness. She realized that even though the flowers and the phone calls helped ease the loneliness, nothing could replace the warmth of Arnav's embrace.

But she also knew that the distance between them was only temporary. She held onto the hope that they would be together again soon and that their love would only grow stronger with each passing day.

Khushi couldn't stop thinking about Arnav as she lay in bed alone that night. She missed him terribly, and the emptiness of the house only made it worse. She tried to distract herself by watching TV or reading a book, but nothing seemed to help. She felt lonely and isolated, and she realized how much she relied on Arnav's presence to make her feel safe and secure.

The next day, Khushi tried to stay busy by running errands and catching up with friends, but she couldn't shake off the feeling of emptiness. She found herself checking her phone constantly, hoping for a message or a call from Arnav. But he was too busy with work to stay in touch, and Khushi started to feel more and more neglected.

When Arnav finally returned home a few days later, Khushi couldn't help but feel angry with him. She had missed him so much, and she felt like he didn't even care. She tried to hide her feelings at first, but as the day went on, she found herself snapping at him over small things.

"What's wrong with you, Khushi?" Arnav finally asked, exasperated. "You've been acting so strange ever since I got back."

Khushi took a deep breath, trying to control her emotions. "I just missed you so much, Arnav," she said. "And I felt like you didn't even care. You were too busy with work to even call me once a day."