Chapter 3: Getting to Know Each Other

Arnav and Khushi spent more time together after their initial meeting. They went on dates, talked on the phone, and even worked on some projects together. As they got to know each other better, they discovered that they had a lot in common.

One evening, they went to a local park for a picnic. Arnav had packed a basket full of Khushi's favorite foods, and they sat on a blanket under a tree, enjoying the warm summer evening.

"I never knew you were such a good cook," Khushi said, taking a bite of the chicken sandwich that Arnav had made for her.

Arnav smiled. "I have a few skills up my sleeve," he said, pouring her a glass of lemonade.

As they talked and laughed, Khushi felt a warmth spread through her. She was surprised at how comfortable she felt with Arnav, even though they had only known each other for a short time.

After they finished eating, Arnav took out a Frisbee and suggested they play catch. Khushi had never been good at sports, but she decided to give it a try.

As they tossed the Frisbee back and forth, Khushi felt a sense of fun and freedom. She wasn't worried about what her family would think or whether Arnav was the right match for her. She was just enjoying the moment.

When they were done playing, they sat back down on the blanket and watched the sun set over the horizon.

"Thanks for taking me out today," Khushi said, leaning her head on Arnav's shoulder.

Arnav wrapped his arm around her. "It was my pleasure," he said, kissing the top of her head.

As they sat in silence, Khushi felt a feeling of contentment wash over her. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew that she was happy in this moment with Arnav.

Over the next few weeks, Arnav and Khushi went on more dates, and they talked on the phone almost every day. They discovered that they had a lot in common - they both loved watching old movies, trying new foods, and traveling to new places.

One day, Khushi took Arnav to her favorite ice cream parlor. They sat at a small table and talked about their childhoods.

"I used to love playing with dolls when I was little," Khushi said, laughing. "My brother would always make fun of me for it."

Arnav smiled. "I used to play with toy cars," he said. "My sister would always try to steal them from me."

They both laughed, and Khushi felt a sense of warmth and comfort. She felt like she could be herself around Arnav, and he accepted her for who she was.

As they left the ice cream parlor, Arnav took Khushi's hand.

"Khushi, I know that we haven't known each other for very long," he said, his voice serious. "But I feel like I've known you forever. I care about you deeply, and I want to see where this relationship could go."

Khushi felt a flutter in her stomach. She had been trying to deny her feelings for Arnav, but she couldn't ignore them any longer.

"I feel the same way, Arnav," she said, looking up at him. "I care about you too."

As they stood on the sidewalk, Khushi felt a surge of emotion. She didn't know what the future held, but she knew that she wanted to be with Arnav. He made her feel alive, and she didn't want to let that go.

As Arnav and Khushi's relationship continued to grow, they soon discovered that they had some fundamental differences in opinion.

One evening, they were sitting in a café, discussing their future together. Arnav mentioned that he wanted to move to a bigger city to expand his business, while Khushi was hesitant to leave her family and friends behind.

"I understand that you have roots here, Khushi," Arnav said, his tone gentle. "But we have an opportunity to grow together. We can make a new life for ourselves, start a family, and build a future that we both want."

Khushi shook her head. "I don't know, Arnav. It's not that simple. My family is here, and I have a career that I love. I don't want to just uproot everything and start over in a new place."

The conversation soon escalated into an argument, with both Arnav and Khushi defending their positions. They both felt strongly about their own perspectives, and they struggled to see the other person's point of view.

After a while, they both realized that they were at an impasse. They took a break from the conversation, and Khushi went for a walk to clear her head.

As she walked along the street, she realized that she didn't want to lose Arnav. She cared about him deeply, and she didn't want their differences in opinion to drive them apart.

When she returned to the café, she saw that Arnav had ordered her favorite drink and had set it aside for her.

"Khushi, I'm sorry for getting so worked up earlier," he said, his voice contrite. "I know that we have different opinions, but I don't want that to come between us. I care about you, and I want us to work through this together."

Khushi felt a wave of gratitude and love for Arnav. She knew that he was right - they needed to work through their differences in order to build a strong foundation for their relationship.

Over the next few days, Arnav and Khushi talked about their differences in opinion. They listened to each other, respected each other's perspectives, and tried to find a compromise that would work for both of them.

Eventually, they came up with a plan - they would move to a bigger city, but they would visit Khushi's family often, and they would find ways to incorporate Khushi's career into their new life.

As they hugged each other tightly, Khushi knew that they had overcome another obstacle in their relationship. She felt grateful to have Arnav by her side, and she knew that they could face anything as long as they were together.

Little did they know, another obstacle was about to test their relationship - Khushi's ex-boyfriend, Aman, was about to come back into her life, causing a rift between them. And to make matters worse, her family was putting pressure on her to make a decision about her future with Arnav.