chapter 32

I stood there still watching him leave, when he was finally out of my sight, did I come out of my shock. I forgot everything that he did? Why he did? Everything, but the only thing that is going on in my mind is the way he looked like he was in pain. He was here physically but not mentally.

Seeing him in pain made me forget mine. For the first time, I saw those raw emotions in his eyes, and I want to do anything to take them away for him. Somebody has hurt him, someone close to him, the way he said he isn't his father...!

The way he said not to leave me, it was so heart-wrenching. I have never seen him pleading with anyone. I can't even imagine him doing that, not even me, but there he was. Yes, I was angry at him even hurt, but I wouldn't have left him. Yes, I was upset, and I wanted some time, but there is no way that I would have left him, especially after he shared the same feeling as me.

The way he opened his heart in front of me, the way he told me he had never felt anything like that before for anyone else. It made me happy and relieved. What he did was wrong! He lied to me, but I am sure it was involuntary. He wouldn't have if he couldn't. There must be a reason.

I don't like him seeing like that, so broken and so sad. I pulled out my phone and called him, the number saved as Mr Handsome. I never got his number. He never gave me, and I never asked for. Maybe he doesn't give it willingly in fear that I would know who he is.

He didn't pick up his call, I tried again and again, but still no answer. It made me worry and scared. Where could he have gone? I called Hailey to ask for Rose's number. Then I asked for Marcus's number. He would know where he would have gone. He picked on the second ring.

"Hello!" He said in his chirpy voice.

"Marcus I need your help. Hunter has gone somewhere, please tell me where he is.. please" I cried out as soon as he picked up.

"Alara ... is that you?" He asked.

"Yes" I said.

"Hey take a breath and then tell me what happened?" He said and I did what he said, I mean tried. I told him how I confronted him and how he just went away. I don't give him much details thinking it was something personal between us.

"Don't worry, he will be back.." He said but he didn't see him, I did. And I know how hurt he was, how broken he looked.

"No you don't understand... please find him... please" I pleaded and this time he gave in.

"Okay okay, I will. You just don't worry, alright? I will call you once I find him" he said and then hanged up. I skipped university and went up to the apartment, on my way I requested Rachel to inform me if she saw Hunter coming.

Then I sat in my room whole day keeping my phone infornt of me, waiting for ant one of them to call Hunter, Rachel pr Marcus. But no one did, I skipped all meals. Mary came to my room many times but I told her to leave me alone. At one point I even yelled at her when she was too persistent for me to have something to eat. She looked hurt but as I was about to say sorry she walked out.

I felt so bad, she has always been like a mother to be but right now I am not in right state of mind. I am feeling like something bad is going to happen to him. That's why Marcus hasn't called. I have called Rachel and Marcus plenty of times to ask them if they saw Marcus but none of them did.

Around midnight my phone rang and it was Marcus.

"Where is he?" I asked him immediately skipping the pleasantries.

"Woah girl, hold your horses. He is... fine and will be back to his apartment soon. You just go to sleep, he wants to be alone. So I suggest leaving him alone.." he told me. But I stopped listening after the part where be said he is fine and on his way.