Chapter 2 : Brother in law

Karn, Duryodhana and Ashwatthama were resting in their chamber.

"Mitra Karn, I really want you to marry the princess. You two looked to good together. Like you two are meant to be with each other," Duryodhana said.

Karn huffed in annoyance. Panchal Princess is beautiful. He would give her the credit. He hasn't seen any princess this beautiful. No woman comes close to her ethreal beauty. When his eyes first fall on the princess, he was sure she isn't human. She has the power to attract people only by her smile. Her agile eyes made her appear as a fawn. It's only been two months she was born, so she is restless and innocent as a child. She likes to mix with people he could tell. She was so happy while surving the poor Brahmins. Her sweaty face looked more beautiful as a blooming flower. His lips tugged a smile unknowingly.

Duryodhana and Ashwatthama shared a grin. They knew their friend has fallen for that princess but isn't aware of it. Well, thats not a problem. What are friends for? They will make Karn aware of his feelings.

"Mitra Karn," Duryodhana called.

Karn turned towards them going back to his emotionless demeanor. He looked at them waiting for what they wanted to say to him.

"Jijashree, let me warn you beforehand. My sister will eat your head with questions. God forbid, one time I volunteered to take her to the market, I am not doing that sin again. There wasn't a single second she shut up," Ashwatthama shivered recalling that day.

"Ashwatthama," Karn warned. Though his heart skipped a beat hearing 'Jijashree'.

"Mitra, let's go. King Draupad will send the soldires if we don't go for dinner now," Ashwatthama said.

Whereas Arjun was waiting for the princess quite eagerly. The urge to see her again is intense. Why didn't she come down?

Draupadi is enjoying the night breeze from her balcony. Her father has arranged a feast for all the princes and Kings. The cold night breeze is making her hair fly in the air. The princess is lost in her thoughts anyone could tell. From her mind, she couldn't forget those hazel eyes. The intensity of that gaze is making her heart skip a beat every now and then. He was lost in her as well, she could tell. His mesmorized look while seeing her surprisingly made her feel shy. He must be eating with her father. Is he thinking of her as well? Draupadi smiled a bit. Her breath almost stopped today at the Mandir seeing him. He gives her sakha a tough competiton in term of looks. Her sakha is dark in complexion while he is fair. And that beautiful symbol of rising sun on his forehead is so divine.

"I can't believe the day has come when my very own sakhi is comparing my looks with someone else. You betrayer of a friend!" Krishna complained entering her chamber maids following him behind with food.

Draupadi turned around, "Stop reading my mind, Govind. And why aren't you in the feast?"

"Did you forget I have a headache? How generous of my sakhi forgetting me the moment you find someone else," Krishna sat on the couch grumpily.

Red hue appeared on Draupadi's cheeks. She rolled her eyes. Her sakha lies too much. He was playing with the kids all day, he stole mangoes from trees, he even ate so many sweets that Draupadi needed to drag him away or there would have been a disaster in the feast today.

"But dont worry. You sakha will stay by your side still. As I am a loyal friend," Krishna pouted.

Draupadi smiled as she sat beside him, "No one in Aryavarta can be compared with you in term of dramaticness. I pity your wives."

Krishna faked a hurt expression. The two friends ate their dinner together occasionally pulling each other's leg.

Draupadi's palace is extremely busy today as it's their beloved princess's swayamvar. She had been going through different rituals since morning. Govind choose her cloths and now he is getting ready.