Chapter 17 : Duryodhana's dilemma

Duryodhana was walking all over the palace. Maids are leaving his path in fear. He looks so serious and stern. But Duryodhana on the other hand is searching someone like a mad person. His stern facade is because of nervousness. The woman who stole his heart in one go, isn't anywhere to find. He will marry her in any way possible. He needs to show Karn he is capable of wooing woman. Then he will visit them with his wife Bhanumati everyday. He felt satisfied only by thinking it. Karn showed off his marital status a lot. Now it's his turn.

But where is the queen of his heart whom he has been looking for since morning?

"Rajkumar, why are you here?" a sharp but melodious voice made him turn around.

There she is! The queen of his heart. She is crossing her arms over her chest glaring at him with great intensity. How adorable! Duryodhana really wanted to pull her cheeks but gulped seeing her glare.

"I mean...I came here...I..." he began to stutter.

Bhanumati glared at the most uncultured, uncivilized, bull like man Infront of her. She couldn't forget that day's insult. He just banged the door on her face! Her! The princess of the castle!

"Tell quickly. Don't you know men aren't allowed in women's wing?" Bhanumati glared more hardly.

"I...came here to ask you something," Duryodhana said.

"What is it?" Bhanumati asked.

"You can't say yes to any proposal of any stupid kings and Princes," he said.

"And why is that?" Bhanumati asked. The audacity of this man.

"You can't. You are so weak. You need to marry me for your protection," Duryodhana declared.

Bhanumati's jaw fell off, "Why did you think I will ever marry you?"

Duryodhana's eyes darkened. Does she has any other man in her heart? Which fool is that? Which fool he needs to bury?

"I promise you will. If you are not willing, I will kidnap you," Duryodhana promised.

"The audacity you have!" Bhanumati screamed in anger.

Duryodhana put his hand on her mouth making her eyes widen in shock.

"Don't scream, princess. I do what I say. And you are mine always remember that. I will like to see which fool dares to take away something that belongs to me," Duryodhana breathed in her neck.

Bhanumati's heart raced. He is too close. His huge body is totally covering up her petite frame. She looks like a Rabbit Infront of a big wolf. She trembled she felt his breath on her neck. His one hand is on her waist and another on her mouth. Their eyes met. His dark eyes were piercing her with its intense stare. They were too close that they could feel each other's breath.

"Did you understand, princess?" Duryodhana whispered.

Bhanumati nodded subconsciously. She is feeling weak in his presence.

"Rajkumari, where are you?"

Bhanumati's maid was approaching that way. If she sees them together this close, it would be a disaster.

Duryodhana quickly pulled both of them behind a pillar hiding her body with his. After the maid went away, only then Duryodhana notice how close they were. Her small body is pressed against his. He could feel her heart beat which was so loud. Bhanumati blushed being in his arms. She pushed him away and ran from there.

Draupadi is presenting the ornaments and clothes they brought has a gift for Kalinga. Maharani Chandramudra was extremely happy seeing those beautiful designs. She couldn't help but admire Draupadi's amazing taste. Draupadi and Bhanumati are the same age but Draupadi is way elegant and mature whereas Bhanumati is so childish. She felt her daughter lacking in every field.