Chapter 7 : Invitation to Hastinapur

Karn couldn't believe his eyes. Draupadi wants to go back to Panchal! She wants to end their marriage! Sudden knock on the door interrupted his thoughts.

"Maharaj, apke liye Hastinapur se Sandesh Hein," a maid informed.
(Maharaj, there is news for you from Hastinapur.)

Karn looked at the door once and then at Draupadi. It's definitely not a good decision to leave the conversation here. But both of them needs to be present at the Sabha. Draupadi stood there looking down. She wiped her face.

"Draupadi we need to go," Karn whispered.

"Hmm," hummed Draupadi. She will never forget her duties.

Both went to the Sabha.

"Maharaj Karn aur Maharani Draupadi ko Hastinapur amantrit Kiya geya Hein Yuvraj Yudhisthir ke rajya avishek ke liye," the soldier informed.
(Maharaj Karn and Maharani Draupadi is invited to the upcoming ceremony of Yuvraj Yudhisthir's crowning ceremony.)

Karn said he will definitely come. Then he recalls Draupadi is invited as well. He looked at Draupadi hesitantly. Draupadi nodded her head assuringly. She can't let down her responsibilities. Her personal life can wait.

After the Sabha, Karn wanted to talk to her again. But Draupadi completely ignoring him went to her chamber. She didn't even turn back when he called her.

After a few days, they began their journey for Hastinapur. No one spoke to the other. Draupadi was hurting badly. There wasn't a single night she didn't cry. Whereas Karn didn't know what to do. If he has to ask for forgiveness, he doesn't know how to.

Hastinapur was decorated lavishly. Everyone gathered at the front gate to welcome the kings of different states.

Karn and Draupadi looked at each other for a brief second and then climbed up the stairs where Maharani Gandhari was waiting for them. Duryodhana's eyes glittered with happiness seeing his friend after a long time.

Maharani Gandhari did their arti. People were awestruck seeing Draupadi. Her unearthly beauty. She and Karn looked like Laxminarayan together. They fit with each other so perfectly.

"I can't see you Draupadi but you must be the most beautiful woman to walk on earth as they say," Maharani Gandhari said while touching her face.

Beside them Rajmata Kunti stood there amazed. The poets don't do any justice to her beauty. Draupadi is ethreal. She could understand why Pitamah was so desperate to have her as his granddaughter in law. Arjun was so upset for not getting her hand. It all makes sense. Anyone will want to have her as their wife, as their daughter in law. She looked at her lotus like feet which resembled Mata Laxmi. Her blue eyes pulls people in a trance. When they arrived, they could smell the blue lotus fragnance from so far. Draupadi smiled at everyone softly as she took the elders blessings. Mahamahim's eyes softened seeing her. Kunti volunteered to take her under her wings.

Draupadi looked at Karn for permission. He nodded at her softly. Mata Kunti took her in her palace while Duryodhana dragged Karn with him.

Kunti took Draupadi in her own chamber. She couldn't take her eyes off Draupadi. And Draupadi sensing it, lowered her eyes embarrassed. Kunti raised her with her chin.

"A beauty like this is not ever heard nor even seen. You are divine, my dear," Kunti praised.

"Thank you, Rajmata," Draupadi said.

Kunti felt so proud. Karn, her eldest son proved his valor in front of the whole Aryavarta and won the hand of this divine woman. Of course Arjun won as well, but Draupadi choose Karn. Anyone will think she will choose Arjun. But this princess choose Karn, breaking the code of marriage. Kunti was really curious why she did it. She planned to ask this to Draupadi if they ever met. But today seeing Karn and Draupadi together, she understood everything. They are soulmates. They looked so good beside each other everyone was awestruck.