Chapter 8 : Blooming Friendship

Karn is looking for Draupadi. But she is nowhere to be found in the whole Palace. Karn is extremely worried now. Duryodhana went somewhere with Yudhisthir. Other Pandavas are no help. Even if he tries to ask them, God forbide a fight will happen.

"Are you searching for someone, Angraj?"

Karn turned to see the youngest Pandava Sahadev standing there. He always felt a brotherly affection for the youngest Pandava but he can never show it. He is so younger than him. He really wished he had a younger brother.

"I am looking for my wife," Karn replied.

"Mata took her to the temple early in the morning. Don't worry about her. She is safe," Sahadev said with a smile.

Karn also smiled at him and went to his chamber. Now, how will he pass the time? He was upset. Draupadi didn't even inform him before going out. He wanted to scold her badly. Let her come. He sat beside the window. After some time he could see Draupadi returning with Rajmata Kunti. She is going to come in the chamber.

"Arya," Draupadi called as she entered her chamber.

She went without informing Karn intentionally. She wanted to make him mad.

She touched his feet and then before he could say anything she stuffed his mouth with Prasad.

"Arya, I prayed for your long and healthy life. Now bless your wife hurrily," she said as she stood Infront of him with joined hands.

"Don't you dare give me blessings of 100 sons. I don't have any idea how Maharani Gandhari recalls all her sons names," Draupadi added.

Karn blushed furiously. This girl! Does she has any idea what she is speaking about!

"You hardly need any blessings," Karn said.

"You can't back away. You are supposed to bless your wife after she touches your feet and prays for you wholeheartedly. Let me ask the blessing myself," Draupadi giggled.

Karn looked at her amused, "What blessings do you want?"

"Please make my husband a bit more romantic. If he always keeps such a straight face, I fear he will get old soon," Draupadi said.

Karn began to cough. He didn't know his wife is so bold. She speaks her mind without hesitation.

"Y...Yeah...sure," he stuttered.

Draupadi grinned and sat beside him closely. Karn gulped nervously. Why did she sat so close? There is a lot of space beside her.

"Arya, were you mad that I didn't inform you first?" Draupadi asked as she wrapped her hands around his arm. Karn became restless. Her touch is burning him with feelings he doesn't want to surface. Is she doing this on purpose?

"No, you went with Rajmata. What's the need to inform me?" Karn said grumpily.

Draupadi hardly controlled her laughter. Karn gets upset over the smallest thing but he remains calm in bigger issues. He is a child at heart. She laid her head on his shoulder. Karn didn't react much. He is getting used of her touching him out of nowhere. Women are complicated indeed. She would try to fight with him one moment then cling to him the next second.

"Arya, mein Janta hu apko hamara bibah shikar nehi Hein. Parantu haam dono mitra to Hein. Hamne Hastinapur ane ke paschat ek bar bhi matashree aur Pitashree se nehi mile. Chaliye na haam unke pass chale," Draupadi said softly.
(Arya, I know you don't accept our marriage. But we are friends. After we came in Hastinapur, we didn't met them once. Please take me to meet them.)

Karn wanted to say he accepts their marriage wholeheartedly. He is happy that she is his wife. But her request made him look at her shocked. She wants to go to a Suta's house? He never heard a royal saying that.