Chapter 9 : Picnic

Karn and Draupadi prepared gifts for the new Yuvraj. Draupadi choose them herself. Needless to say, Yudhisthir liked them a lot. They were really upto his taste. Today they are going to a picnic. Duryodhana was too stubborn to deny. Draupadi has prepared lunch for them to eat.

Karn, Draupadi, Ashwatthama and Duryodhana are going to the beautiful forest. Karn and Ashwatthama facepalmed at Draupadi and Ashwatthama's fight with each other. They haven't shut up from the beginning. Duryodhana being the eldest never faught with anyone. His brothers respected and feared him. And Karn is the only child. 

Finally they found a spot near the fountain. It was breathtaking. It was Draupadi's first time in a forest, so everything is new to her. She doesn't know about the plants, birds and many more. She was looking around like a child. Karn cooed at her mentally whereas Duryodhana and Ashwatthama looked at her warmly.

"Arya, look look so many beautiful flowers!" Draupadi excitedly said.

Karn nodded. Yes, the flowers are indeed beautiful.

"Arya, can I go to the water? I will just dip my feet," Draupadi pleaded.

Karn haven't let go of her hand seeing her jumping like a child from the beginning. She already tripped 8 times in their five minute walk. But he melted at her puppy eyes.

"Come with me," he said.

He took her near the water holding her hand as she was eager to ran

He took her near the water holding her hand as she was eager to ran. They dipped their feets in water. Draupadi moaned as the cold water made contact with her skin. It is so refreshing. The water is so cold and clean.

Draupadi sat on a rock and looked around grinning. Her husband is standing a little far from her but his eyes are on her all the time. Duryodhana and Ashwatthama stood beside him.

"She is a child," Duryodhana said.

"Well, she in only months old. Though she has vast knowledge in every field, she hasn't seen the world at all," Ashwatthama said.

"You married a child, Mitra Karn. Shame shame Baal vivah !" Duryodhana gasped in fake horror.

Karn looked at him ready to murder, "It's time you drown."

Saying that he began to drag Duryodhana in deeper water who began to scream for his life. Ashwatthama stood there looking someone else. This Duryodhana is a fool. Why he needs to test Karn's temper every damn time? As a Brahmin he knows when to keep quiet unlike these hot headed Ksatriyas who gets in trouble every time they open their mouth.

Draupadi looked amazed at her husband who pushed Duryodhana under the water who is throwing his hands and legs around like a cockroach screaming at them to save him.

"Arya, he will drown. Let him go," Draupadi said as she stood on their picnic spot.

Duryodhana was saved. He sprawled on the grass breathing heavily. Karn might not be bulky like him but damn this man has monstrous strength. Draupadi handed him some water. Duryodhana got irritated seeing Karn sitting so casually like he didn't try to kill him a few moments ago.