The Black-Mud Swamp (Pt. One)

"So as I was saying, today's exercise will be rather difficult." Professor Palladium said and one of the students raised her hand. "Professor Palladium a mosquito just bit me" she said with concern in her voice, one of the other students started laughing at the girl.

"Well yes we are near a swamp, and it's just a mosquito no big deal." Professor Palladium tried to reason with her and the girl slightly lifted up her shorts to reveal the mosquito bite. "Look where it got me"

The professor looked a bit concerned as he backed up almost in fear, "well uh- what I meant was to be shorts and the point-"the girls started laughing once Professor Palladium messed up with his words.

"Man, they have no mercy.." I said watching the students practically make fun of Professor Palladium, "he should learn to be more confident, after all confidence is key and maybe he will finally be respected." Stella winked at me as we listened once more to Professor Palladium.

"A good fairy must be able to listen to what nature tells us. Today's exercise is designed to put your skills to the test, now you've all been put into groups so we're ready to begin. You have three hours to get out of Black-mud swamp and reach the clearing in the middle of gloomy wood without using magic, Remember listen carefully to the voice of nature and follow its advice."

Not even five seconds later a yellow light surrounded Professor Palladium, once the light bursted Professor Palladium was gone. The whole class looked surprised at Professor Palladium's grand leaving.

.

.

.

"I think it's safe to assume that since Flora is the nature fairy that she has a much deeper connection to nature than the rest of us, it would be right to follow her." I suggested to the four and everyone agreed and we all looked at Flora.

Flora had a tiny blush on her face as she noticed all of us looking at her, she awkwardly nodded and lead us down to a path.

The path was blocked by water but luckily the water wasn't too high and we could all walk through it without the need to swim.

"This place is totally disgusting" Stella said in disgust as she stepped inside the water with all of us. "Oh yes dear, all this mud is so very inconvenient" Musa joked as she did her impersonation of a princess's voice.

We all laughed as Stella looked confused "I don't know if you notice but were knee-deep in what I would refer to as a problematic mud puddle." Tecna said in a serious tone as she reminded us of the situation, I looked at the water and noticed water bubbles forming and getting bigger by the second.

"Alright you guys take cover and I'll handle it." Tecna said as she lifts her hands in the air, green dust left her hand but before Tecna could do anything Flora stopped her. "Tecna no, we have to listen to nature"

"I smell something.." Stella said as she continued to sniff the air, soon all of us were sniffing the air trying to pick up on this scent Stella had found. "It smells like gas, we've got to get out of here" Musa said in a worried tone and we all left the water, and we hid behind a log.

I noticed the small bubbles from before and grabbed a stick, I threw the stick at the bubble. The stick hit the bubble and out came a blue smoke, the smoke went straight into the air. Seconds later the other bubbles popped showing they were filled with the same blue smoke.

"Its a good thing Flora stopped you Tecna.." Stella said as we all looked at the bubbles popping. "We certainly took a big risk" I said to the girls and Stella nods.

"Especially you Tecna, I would have sent my dressmaker's bill" Stella joked and we all laughed minus Tecna who shook her head at our laughter.

.