14 | BEAST

Aadhya's POV

I pant as I walk through the rocks and hilly areas, with a hiking stick in my hand determined to win this game no matter what. Neeraj wanted to make this trekking more fun by racing to our final destination.

Easy? Fun right. I mean being competitive is good but what makes this a little too aggressive is Reyhaan and his bloody overconfidence that screams 'I'm the best I always win' and I want to break it, crush it and throw it.

I'm pretty proud of myself as well, because I know for a fact that I'm leading. I turn behind to see that everyone is still far from where I am, so I decide to take a mini break to control my breathing.

I'm surrounded by huge mountains covered with lush green grasses and leaves that enchant my eyes. The entire distance is covered with rocks navigating our route and a waterfall where the water streams down forming into a valley that flows in the parallel side. The sound of the water flowing down was absolutely therapeutic to my ears and don't even get me started about how alluring it looks.

Taking a deep breath I start walking again and a few minutes later I hear someone running

"Aadhya!"

Without turning around I keep walking as I'm too familiar with this voice.

"Ay wait Aadhya" he shouts

Huffing I halt my steps and face him to find him panting like a dog "you have a flight to catch or what?"

With a straight face I reply "no I have a competition to win" I'm about to walk again but I feel his hands on my wrists stopping me.

Frustrated, I grunt "What?"

"Win all you want but just so you know Anaya has sprained her leg" He draws out making my eyes widen in shock but I quickly compose myself because I know he is trying to distract me.

"Don't use my best friend for this. If you want to win then put in some efforts rather than cheating"

He gives me a deadpan look "you really think the worse of me don't you?"

"You didn't give me a reason not to"

He face palms himself and says "you know what? Believe me or not I'm not lying, see there" He points somewhere behind where I see a girl's back who vaguely looks like Anaya and she is sitting on a rock while people are crowding her.

Is he telling me the truth?

 Yes you duffer!

Panic strikes across my face and I look at him who simply shrugs. I hate it when he is right! I push past him and start walking faster towards Anaya

As the distance decreases I see all her group mates along with Dhruv, Utkarsh and Rishi hovering over her.

"Anaya" I shouted out, worried.

She frown looking at me confusion written all over he face

"Are you okay? Is your leg hurting? Which leg did you sprain?" I bombard her with questions

"I'm fine but what's wrong with you?" She asks, looking at me up to down.

I wheeze while holding my stomach which is twisting and turning as a side effect of running "Are you sure? I mean he told me - your leg- sprain"

"Firstly calm down and I don't have a sprain" She clarifies

My mouth opens agape as I stare at her bewildered "What? But he told me-" I put two and two together and it wouldn't take a genius to understand that Reyhaan fucking Singhania was lying. Such a sly bastard.