34 | TRYST

Aadhya's POV

"Aadhya! Aadhya wake up you bitch. I fell down and now I can't stand!" my beauty sleep gets interrupted by my not so beautiful best friend.

JK, she's really pretty but that doesn't stop me from getting murder thoughts because no one is allowed to wake me up.

"AADHYA!" My sleep is now fully gone. With a lot of annoyance I get up from my bed and when I open the door I find the entire house pitch dark.

Where did she even fall?

I take a few steps and just then the lights switch with simultaneous shouting making me shout as well.

But when I see properly, I find my friends standing with huge grin

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" They shout again

Only then my eyes register the decorations in the hall. There are balloons, birthday banners, candles, fairy lights and so much more.

"You didn't think we would forget your birthday right?" Sid teases, while walking forward to give me a hug. "Happy birthday babe, I love you so much" He says squeezing me 

Then I take turns hugging each of them while I'm still a little a star stuck 

"Let's cut the cake" Neel announces diverting my attention towards the couch which is full with gifts and the cake is on the tea table.

I sit on the carpet between the sofa and the table. I wait for everyone to finish the birthday song and then I close my eyes making a wish after which I cut the cake. I give a bite to everyone and then after some long photo session – I denied because obviously I look homeless but they don't listen as always – we finally started opening the gifts.

"Wait! You've to guess who the gift is from" Aditi suggests

I pout thinking I have to use so much brain "But why?"

"Because it will be fun"

I unwrap the first gift which is a set of scented candles. Gosh I can't stop smiling.

I look up as I guess "Scented candles. Utkarsh or Rishi?"

"That's right it's me" Rishi says with a cheeky smile

Like that I guess one by one where Neel and Utkarsh get me a Victoria Secret hamper, Sid gives me a special edition of my favorite book and Dhruv gives me a fossil watch. 

God I'm so grateful for each one of them. 

There are 3 more bags left, I grab the smaller one. Beneath the tissue papers there is a rectangle small velvet box. Feeling giddy I nervously look up for a second and then look at the box again. I slowly lift it up and I immediately gasp when I process what I find inside.

It's a necklace with star pendants, more specifically a diamond necklace. They are so damn gorgeous.

For some freaking reason my eyes welled up with tears. I look up, my eyes directly meet his and I know for a fact that he has given me this.

I sniff a little trying to control my emotions.

"What is it?" Aditi asks curiously

Not being able to say anything I hold out the gift for her to see it.

She says impressively "Damn dude it's so pretty who gave this? I'm pretty sure it is Anaya right?"

"No" I immediately corrected her "It's from Reyhaan" He looks at me with a face where I can't decipher what he's thinking.

Aditi passes it back to me as I say "I uh I can't accept these"

"Why?" he asks sharply sounding a little hurt making my eyes soften "Because these must have cost you a fortune I can't just accept these"