20 | CHANGE

Aadhya's POV

The sun has set and we are still driving to some place that Reyhaan wants to go. I would be lying if I said I didn't have double thoughts about this. But here I am anyway, it's almost 7 now so I ask "Reyhaan um how long will it take to reach there?"

Without looking at me he casually says "we're almost there just 10 mins more"

I nod while humming to the music playing on the radio. He then takes a right turn into this silent road and it's kinda scary now.

I mean yes it was a pretty sweet gesture to pick me up and all. But that doesn't mean we still don't hate each other. Tomorrow we will go back to being at each other's throats.

There were no vehicles running around the road, only a few people were out running or walking. This was a residential area, so there were apartments and houses throughout the road but it was dead silent. Reyhaan suddenly parked the car before another car.

He unbuckled his seat belt and said "C'mon let's go"

God I'm trusting you to keep me safe. I swallowed hard and got out of the car, while he was waiting for me outside. He locked the car with his key and nodded at me asking me to follow him I guess.

When I walked past the other car, I finally see a small roadside food shop. He then turns around when I say surprised "You brought me to a Chat shop?"

"Yes, why is that so surprising?" He asks

I have a small teasing smile "I mean your 'I own the country' vibe doesn't exactly go with a small roadside Chat shop"

He rolls his eyes at my comment "For a matter of fact I don't care if the place is small unless the food is good and I own the country vibe? When have I ever said it?"

"Have you met yourself? you give off the rich, I don't want anything less than a Louis Vuitton or Prada aura" I scoff

He rolls his eyes yet again before running his hand in his hair "Are you done?"

I giggle at him as he shows his hand asking me to walk to the shop. I do as he says and I see an old man who looks at us hearing our footsteps approaching him. His eyes shine in happiness when he sees Reyhaan behind me "Reyhaan! It's good to see you here"

"Hello Shyam uncle. How are you?" Surprisingly I see Reyhaan replying with a small but genuine smile on his face.

"I'm doing good for an old man" He replies and then his attention diverts to me "who is the beautiful kid here? Girlfriend I assume"

Like a fool I am, I blush as I immediately shout "No!"

Poor guy, he looks at me wide-eyed and then I correct my tone "I mean we're not- I'm not his girlfriend"

I look at Reyhaan who looks at me like I'm ridiculous and then shakes his head, looking at uncle he says "Uncle we'll have 2 plates of golgappa. You're special ones''

He then looks at me "Shyam uncle's golgappa is the best. You will not find anything like this anywhere else. "

"Really? Now I'm super keen to try them" My mouth waters hearing him appreciate it.

He eyes me amused "You're drooling"

"Shut up!" I say with a deadpan look while he just chuckles at me "So you will be able to finish this right?"

Confused, I ask "Yeah why?"

"Are you sure? Because girls usually throw too many tantrums while eating. They'll be like I'm so full after eating hardly 3 bites of anything" He says making me roll my eyes