24 | DESIRE

Aadhya's POV

My personality is literally split into two. There are times when I hate going out, dressing up and socializing. All I want is to stay in pjs and watch Friends all night along with my friends and most importantly eat.

But there are days when I also like dressing up and going out. Shocker I know. And today is that day. Today is the Diwali party. The 'd' day. Tanya has made us rehearse the same choreography for the past two weeks, so rigorously that even in sleep if you ask me to dance, I will do it without any mistakes.

The party starts at 6 in the evening and because we're getting fancy tonight, it will take me 2 hours to get ready. Well not me exactly, my two annoying bitches Anaya and Aditi.

Aditi stayed for a sleepover because not only that it's been ages but also because it'll be fun to get ready together. We have decided to coordinate and wear Sarees today for a more desi look.

"Adi!" I shout from my bedroom "Help me!" I have absolute zero knowledge about this and she is going to help me with it.

I stand in front of my long mirror, with freshly washed hair, wearing a Kelly green full-sleeved blouse which has some silver embroidery work on it and leggings. A month back I saw this on an online website and I just knew I was buying it. What a better day to wear it!

The door opens showing Aditi wearing tights and a ivory full sleeved blouse bejeweled with crystals and pearls. She is holding her saree pre-draped which she keeps it in on the bed.

"Let's start" She says while holding my nude saree which is also pre draped.

Ten minutes later when she is done draping the saree, she wears hers as well. "Why do I feel the temperature has increased?" I tease her

"Well obviously" she says knowingly, pointing towards herself. Then we burst into laughter when we hear someone clear their throat. Turning towards the door we find Anaya standing donning a Mono saree with embroidery and sequence work. She has curled her hair in the end and her face is bare.

Aditi and I look at each other and blow a low whistle looking back at Anaya.

"Dhruv is gonna have a heart attack when he sees you like this" Aditi comments making Anaya blush furiously "Oh shut up! Th-there is nothing like that. He wouldn't notice"

"He won't notice. Instead the animal in him will be awakened and he will take you to a room and rip your saree to shreds" I tease her further and Aditi laughs wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Face palming herself Anaya moves to the vanity table with her makeup pouch. Chuckling, we start getting ready as well.

I blow dry my hair, and I go for a glowy makeup look. With a pair of studs, rings on my fingers and a belly chain, I complete my look.

(Image of the three collage)

"Ready?" I ask looking at them and they say "Yup done!"

After clicking a few pictures we go down, Aditi's driver drops us to the campus. The entire campus glows with decoration lights and flowers. They went all out for it. We go to the ballroom where the event is held and are welcomed by the chattering of people.

Everyone has worn traditional, it feels like we're at a celebrity's party.

"Let's search for the boys," Aditi says as we stand near the drinks section. Obviously alcohol free.

"They're there!" Anaya says while waving her hand at them. I turn around to find all of them wearing a kurta which instantly makes me smile. No doubt they all look super handsome but my eyes only seem to care about one person.