27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT

Reyhaan's POV

I know it wasn't the brightest idea when I said Aadhya is my girlfriend. I don't know what was wrong with me for even thinking of something like that.

Yashika was my first, not that it matters so much. It was our farewell party. She initiated and I stupidly gave in. Honestly I remember only the bits and pieces of the night.

She was not like this during school. She was pretty chill and that's why I didn't regret it as well. But now after going to college she's become the way she is.

The other night when we met, I lied about Aadhya being my girlfriend but I had no clue this would spread like fire. I didn't know she was in touch with our classmates. But dumb of me to even lie in the first place.

The next morning I woke to messages congratulating me on my first ever relationship. People who I hadn't spoken to in months have now demanded me to bring her along with me to the reunion party.

I spoke to the boys about the situation and I knew they gave me shit for lying in the first place. Like I didn't know already. But later they suggested convincing Aadhya is the only way to escape this.

I had to fucking beg 

Flashback starts

"There is no way I will accompany you" She says going back to her phone

I control myself because if I say anything, the chances will become zero.

"Aadhya" I pause trying to get the right words "they won't let me live at peace. My reputation is at stake, try to understand"

Without looking up she says "Sounds like your problem not mine"

I let out a frustrated groan I look at Dhruv and Sid for help

"Aadhya -" Sid starts saying but Aadhya's one glare shuts him

With a nervous breath Dhruv then says "I know what Reyhaan was completely wrong to drag you into it. But just imagine you in his place. Please"

With a sigh she looks at me expectantly

"See I'm apologizing for dragging you in this mess" I pause as she nods "I didn't know Yashika would tell every single soul in our class and now I'm in deep shit if I don't take my 'girlfriend' to the party."

She doesn't say anything which only makes me more anxious given that I'm unable to read her as well. She seems to be thinking. A lot.

Finally she looks at me but that look tells me I'm in bigger trouble now.

"So you need my help right. Will you do anything I say?"

I'm confused

"What do you mean?"

With a sly smirk she says "if I do this favor then what will I get in return? You didn't think I'd do for nothing"

I mentally scoff at her attitude but I don't react

I carefully ask her "what do you want?"

She puts her leg on top of the other, the smirk not leaving her face "Not much don't worry, it's simple all you have to do is ask me again but just add please"

Are you kidding me now? I look around and my friends simply shrug while trying to hold back their amusement. Jesus Christ. 

"Will you pretend to be my girlfriend for the reunion party?" I pause before gritting out "Please"