Chapter 35

5th June, 2023

"Inayah, stop running so fast. You'll fall."

Running behind Inayah was Zain, trying to catch her and the little one wasn't listening a single thing. They moved in circles around the wide living room and clearly the only one having fun among the two was the 3 year old.

Eram smiled looking at them both. "I'm really happy that you both decided to get back together, Eram." Haya's words made Eram look at her. "You both clearly love each other a lot."

"I really wish I had met Shumail in some other circumstances."

"Maybe this was the best way for you both to meet?"

"Maybe."

It was a week later after Shumail found Eram. Haya and Eram were in Ibrahim mansion, seated in the living room after dinner while their husbands along with Zaid and Aahil were in the study having some business talk.

That night after Eram gave in to Shumail's kiss, they both ended up falling asleep in each other's arms. When Eram woke up the next morning in Shumail's arms, she kept looking at his face, trying to think straight but the only thing she did was admire his sleeping face.

She wanted to be with him. He wanted the same.

She wanted to give their marriage another chance.

She knew how much ever she tried, she wouldn't be able to move on. She loved Shumail with all her heart.

So she did what she thought was best.

"Hey there baby! Slow down." Shahmeer's words made the two look at him. He picked up his daughter and nuzzled her cheek with his beard, making the 3 year old laugh. Shumail, Zaid and Aahil walked right after him.

"What's the gossip topic ladies?" Shahmeer questioned. He walked to Haya and took a seat beside her and seated his daughter in his lap.

"Ladies talk." Haya answered with a dramatic roll of her eyes.

Eram and Shumail's eyes met and they both exchanged a soft smile, their eyes filled with love. Though they both had confessed their love for each other but there seemed to be a tension between the two which they both couldn't break. No one was trying to make the first move. They seemed awkward.

"I guess I should take my leave now." Aahil caught everyone's attention with his words. "Apparently, Mom have 'some thing' to talk to me."

"And we all know what that is about." Zaid spoke in a sing sang voice. "What was her name again?"

"Soon to be Mrs. Insiyah Aahil Ahmed Raza."

Aahil turned red from their teasing and tossed a cushion at Zaid and was quick to walk out.

"I'll get going too." Zaid said amidst his laugh and jogged out, trying to catch up with Aahil.

Eram smiled at them and turned to look at Shumail who was already looking at her.

"I guess we should head home too." Haya eyed Shahmeer and he was quick to nod his head in agreement.

Eram found herself in her room after everyone have left as she walked to the closet to grab a pair of comfortable clothes to sleep in. She walked out wearing a red satin shirt and matching trackpants.

"Hi." Shumail made his presence known. He was seated on the couch.

"Hey." Eram turned to him with a soft smile.

Shumail began to take steps towards her and stopped her in her tracks.

"I have something for you." He fetched out a small box from his pant pocket and bringing her hand up, he placed it in her palms.