Chapter 11

10th February, 2019

Shumail was seated in his study, dressed in a plain white half sleeve tshirt and dark blue jeans and a knee length blue coloured overcoat as he flipped the pages of the file in his hand studying it's content. It was just the third day of his marriage and he was already back to his work.

He had wanted to take Eram to some place as a vacation but currently his work needed a little bit more of his attention and he couldn't do that but he had promised her a vacation, and being the sensible person that she was, she had agreed to go some other time. They both felt they needed time to get used to the situation and try to learn about each other more, and they both were more than willing to give each other the time they needed.

Now as he stood up and walked out of his study, he saw Eram standing in front of the dresser lost in her own thoughts. He looked at her for a moment before he walked up to her and stood behind her, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She still didn't seem to notice him and he felt she looked tense as worried lines creased her forehead, so he clicked his fingers bringing her out of her trance as she jumped in her place and looked startled.

"You scared me." She said in a small voice as she hurried to tie her watch.

"Where were you lost? What is it that you were thinking so deeply?" He asked as her head snapped up and she looked at his reflection in the mirror, looking at him with slightly widened eyes as if caught stealing but she quickly composed herself and shook her head at him.

"Uh it's nothing as such." She dismissed the topic. Shumail gave his shoulder a shrug as he proceeded to get his watch from the bedside table.

"I understand that I should be at home and at least accompany you to get you familiar with your new surrounding and spend time with you but work needs my attention right now and I have to head to office just on the third day of our marriage. I hope you understand." Shumail said, now standing in front of her as she turned her attention to him completely.

"You don't have to apologise Shumail. I understand." She said as she have him a smile and he too smiled back at her. "Besides I was thinking, maybe I should visit the day care and spend time with the kids?" She asked, looking at him with hopeful eyes as if asking for his consent.

"Eram." He called her as she looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I've married you, not hired you as my employee for you to seek my permission to do anything." He said as her lips curled up in a shy smile and he continued, "For anything you do, you don't have to ask for my permission but yeah just inform me where you're going so that I don't get worried. Okay?"

"You would be worried for me if you won't find me at home?" She questioned, looking at him with her surprised gaze.

"Of course I would be worried. You're my wife. You're my responsibility now." He answered as he gave her a small smile. Unknowingly a smile grazed her lips as well as she found herself getting lost in the pools of hazel brown eyes that stared right back at her.

"Would you like me to drop you off at work?" He asked a moment later, getting his bag as he put his shoes on.

"That will be helpful. Thank you."

"Now, will you stop being so formal with me?" Shumail said as she smiled sheepishly and nodded her head.

Getting in the driver's seat as she sat beside him in the passenger seat, he started driving the car.