Chapter 13

30th March, 2019

"Now do you want me to have it declared in newspapers and media for you to get the cheques signed from him?" Came her angry voice from the other side of the phone as she flinched on her spot, pinching her eyes tight shut.

"I will get it done quickly." She said nodding her head quickly, as if the nod of her head could be seen through the phone.

"You better! Otherwise I don't have your need anymore if you are unable to do such a petty task!" She barked and she could only imagine how her eyes would be filled with rage and fury.

"No no! I will! I will!" She said and cut the call, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

***

Eram placed the last of the dishes on the dining table and took a seat next to Shumail's and served herself the breakfast, giving a small smile to him.

"You seem lost somewhere since morning. Everything alright?" Shumail questioned as Eram gave him a look with furrowed brows shaking her head in negative.

"No I am not. Everything's perfectly alright Alhamdulillah. Don't worry." She answered giving him a bright smile.

He hummed in answer and they continued with their breakfast only to be disturned by the ringing of his cellphone. It flashed his secretary's name as he swiped the call to answer and put it against his ear.

"Yes Ms. Rose?" He spoke.

"Good morning Sir. I've called to inform you about Mr. Chang. You've to be at the airport in an hour to receive him. His stay in Canada have already been arranged." She spoke in her efficient tone and Shumail gave his head a nod.

"Oh yes. Thank you for the reminder. I'll be there." He spoke and cut the call.

"What is it?" Eram asked as Shumail looked up from the screen of his mobile phone, meeting her gaze.

"Just work related." He dismissed with a wave of his hand, "Oh! By the way can you have authentic Indian dishes prepared tomorrow? I'm thinking of inviting Mr. Chang for dinner."

"That's good and of course I can. What do you want me to prepare?" She asked.

"Oh you don't have to prepare. Just get everything done from the chefs. Aunthentic Indian cuisine and don't forget the biryani." He winked as she shook her head at his love for biryani. "Mr. Chang had been such a wonderful host when along with my team I had visited Japan. I want to thank him."

"Sure. I'll have everything arranged for tomorrow. Don't worry." She nodded.

He smiled at her as he stood up picking up his blazer. "I'm in a little hurry so I can't drop you to the day care but if you want to go then just tell the driver, he'll take you." He said as she nodded her head at him. "I'll get going now." Saying that he placed his hand on the nape of her neck and pulled her a little, placing a kiss on her forehead and took steps to walk out. She looked at his retreating back with eyes slightly wide and her hand went up slightly as her fingers touched her forehead where he had just kissed.

She shook her head quickly and picked up the glass of water drinking it in one go and quickly began to collect the dishes to distract herself, as she tapped her cheek lightly feeling heat creep up her neck.

Shumail, who was about to enter the backseat of his car, saw her reaction as a grin formed on his lips which curled in a smirk quickly. Geting in the car as it drove out of the driveway of the mansion, he took his cell phone and sent her the images he had taken in the morning and along with it wrote a message.