Chapter 9

12th December, 2018

"So you mean even if it's her fault I have to say sorry?" Shumail questioned, his expressions one of deep thinking as if he was analysing some crucial details of a very important business deal, and factly this deal was indeed important because the boys were giving him 'mantras' to have a happy life after marriage, more like pulling his legs and enjoying his situation.

"Absolutely!" Zaid agreed as he nodded his head, striking his hand in the air. "Do you know what is it that wives always want to listen from their husbands?" He questioned, trying to sound like some knowledgeable person who probably hold a ph.D.

"I love you?" Shumail answered in confusion but his reply came out more like a question.

"Oh I love you too but Nope!" Zaid spoke denying dramatically. "Its 'Sorry'. S-O-R-R-Y!" He answered and as Shumail turned to look at Aahil and Shahmeer, they quickly nodded their heads agreeing with Zaid. Shumail threw a cushion at Zaid which hit him straight on his face as he exclaimed "Heyy!! What was this for!"

"You guys are enjoying my situation here! Seriously? I am getting married and you guys are here instead of helping to me calm my nerves, increasing the adrenaline in me!!" Shumail exclaimed folding his hands in front of his chest as he glared at all the boys who bit their tongue, trying to hide their amused expressions.

It was late in the evening and all the boys were at Shahmeer's place to decide what preparations has to be done for the wedding. The outfits for the bride and groom were Shahmeer's mother's responsibility and rest everything the boys had divided among themselves. They had strictly ordered Shumail to get done with his work in the week itself for being the soon-to-be-groom he wasn't allowed to do any work.

Shahmeer, Zaid and Aahil had made arrangements for everything and they now were seated in the living room of Edrisi mansion as they enjoyed themselves with teasing Shumail and giving him their share of advises.

"You three stop teasing him." Came Shahmeer's father's voice as they all turned to look at him and quickly straightened up. "You're making him scared giving him all the wrong idea about marriage." His father chuckled, taking a seat on the couch.

"More like making me rethink about my decision of getting married!" Shumail answered, his expressions one of horror as the boys tried to stop their erupting laughter.

"Don't listen to them Shumail! Marriage is indeed a big responsibility but it also is a very beautiful thing. Living your life with the girl who is given in your nikaah, finding a best friend in her, your companion, your soul mate in her is an amazing feeling. Getting to know each other, having misunderstanding but being forgiving, cherishing every single moment of being together, laughs, tears, happiness and in sorrow is wonderful.

The new generation feels marriage as an added burden but if you try to find your companion in each other then you wouldn't feel so, rather you will feel like cherishing it your whole life. Communicating through eyes and knowing what's in the heart of the other without her even telling you, wanting to see her laugh with you, wake up to her every morning, spend time with her, love her with all your heart. Everything will seem so beautiful that every moment you'll be thankful to your Rabb for blessing you with her.

It feels amazing when the two of you help each other getting closer to your Rabb and be the guide to each other, when you love all her perfections and imperfections. If you feel yourself getting closer to your Rabb, then she's the one! Hold her hand forever and don't ever let go!"