Chapter 10

24th December, 2018

Shumail and Eram stood in front of the Shumail's king sized bed still in their wedding attire, with their eyes wide in shock. They both slowly turned their gazes and met each other's eyes only to look away immediately, a blush creeping on Eram's cheeks and Shumail's ears turning pink. In front of them was his bed covered with rose petals and a big heart lay in the middle of it made with the petals and the bed was covered with layers of flowers that hung from the ceiling all the way down to the sides of the bed. Candles were placed all over in the room as the room glowed in its light making it look so magical.

The ambiance was screaming romance and had it been any other situation, they both would have loved it but in that moment they were shocked and a bit embarrassed.

Shumail cleared his throat abruptly as he turned to look at Eram who was blushing profusely. He tried to find his voice to speak but no words came out as they both stood in front of the bed unsure. He shook his head at his friends as his eyes narrowed.

Thank you guys for making this all the more awkward!

He silently walked to the bed as he held the duvet and dusted the petals off the bed and collected all the strings of flowers that hung from the ceiling as he placed them at the back of the bed.

"Who sleeps with rose petals all over the bed!" He muttered under his breath but Eram seemed to have heard him as she tried hiding her giggle. After he was done he walked back to her as he proceeded with opening the buttons of his Sherwani and removed it, standing in his vest and payjama. She quickly turned her gaze away as her eyes went a little wide, the blush not leaving her cheeks.

"Oh yeah. That's the closet. You can go find your things in there and change in some comfortable clothes." He spoke as she nodded quickly and sprinted towards it as she closed the door behind her. He took his time to blow off all the candles in the room as he dusted the petals off the couch as well. The closet door opened as he turned around to look at Eram who stood with her head bowed slightly, still in her bridal outfit.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"I uh kinda need your help." She spoke in a small voice with her head bowed as he hummed in answer and walked up to her. She turned around with her eyes pinched tight shut and her hands curled in a fist by her side.He was nervous as he started to remove all the pins attached to her heavy dupatta to keep it in place.

"Give me your hand." He said as she hummed in question. He took her palm as he started placing all the pins in her palm one by one. The dupatta slipped off of her head resting on her shoulder. He hesitated for a moment but then proceeded to remove the pins from the dupatta from where it was attached on her shoulders. In the process as his fingers brushed against her skin making her squirm a bit but she tried not to show it. He cleared his throat as he removed the last of it and even before she could have held it, her dupatta slipped completely off of her and fell on the floor.

He picked it up and wrapped it around her shoulders as he proceeded to remove the pins that kept her hairs tied in a bun. Her hairs fell open from her bun falling down her shoulders and he stood mesmerised looking at her face, a few strands covering her forehead as his hand went up to her face and he tucked them behind her ears, making her blush profusely.

He quickly moved back as she then went back in the closet to change. She walked out dressed in a simple salwar kameez with her heairs tied in a loose braid and her make up completely off, making her finally feel relieved. He quickly went to change as he changed into his track pants and didn't bothered with wearing a tshirt. As he walked out, he looked at her who was sitting on the couch fumbling with the hem of her dupatta as he cleared his throat grabbing her attention.