Chapter 29

27th June, 2020

There are times in life when two souls desperately want to hold onto each other, express their feelings, talk everything out, but can't. Circumstances don't let them, or maybe awkwardness falls between the two. There are times in life when you have so much to say to the other person, but sadly, the other person don't even want to hear it.

That's how the gap between a relationship increase. That's how two people drift apart.

The same was the case with Shumail and Eram.

Eram had so much to say but Shumail didn't wanted to hear even a word of it.

She had mustered up all her courage and kissed him with all her heart last time, and the result was worse. He had walked off abruptly and she didn't get to see him for the coming two days. She thought he would feel her heart, her feelings through the kiss, but it only pushed him more away from her. When he finally came home two days later, he stayed in his office and refused to come out. She looked for every chance she could get to see him, and even when coincidentally they came under the same roof, he avoided her gaze.

Days were passing slowly, and the gap between the two was increasing as well. She finally had thought that now that he was back, she would work to earn his forgiveness, but things weren't going as per how she had thought.

As she sat in the garden, waiting for her nurse, she wondered if she could ever earn Shumail's forgiveness and get back with him, and she had absolutely no confidence that she could, but she was still going to keep trying.

She was brought out of her thoughts when a hand was placed on the handle of her wheelchair and it was pushed forward.

"Ready for your walking sesson?" The nurse asked and she looked back at her, and gave her a nod. "Your hand movements have improved a lot. Happy to finally have your cast removed?" She asked.

"Yes? When can I finally take it off? It's such a trouble to have this cast." She grumbled, making the nurse smile.

"Let me check." The nurse came forward and opening the belt of her shoulder support pouch, she removed it from around her neck. "Now, slowly try to move your hand." She instructed and Eram slolwy let go of her fractured hand, which she held in her free hand, and as the nurse instructed, she slowly tried moving it. She brought it halfway up and then the nurse stopped her hand. Holding her hand, she slowly began to open it.

"Does it hurt?" The nurse asked.

"Just a bit." Eram answered. The nurse held her hand and began to move it up and down slowly.

"This is good." Her nurse said. "Maybe a week or so, or even less. You can have your cast removed." She smiled at Eram and Eram's lips curled up in a smile as well. "Now, let start with your walking session, yeah?" Eram nodded. The nurse began to push her wheelchair till they got to the poles that were hammered for her. Upon two vertical poles that were approx 10m apart, a horizontal one was laid, and such a similar one was hammered at a two feet apart distance. The nurse held her hand and pulled her up. Putting her hand on one pole for her to hold, the nurse quickly came and held her fractured one, putting her other hand around her shoulder for Eram to lean on.

"Now, try taking a step."

Eram tried pushing her leg forward, but it wouldn't move. With all her strength she could only move her toes. "I can't!" She gave up.

"Keep trying." Her nurse insisted. "Here, let me help you." The nurse said and began to walk her forward. Eram was trying her best to take steps on her own but her legs wouldn't budge. Holding onto the poll and having the nurse's support, she was trying real hard to try and be able to walk.