Chapter 8

1st December, 2018

There are moments in life when you start to question yourself why the presence or absence of a particular someone has started to bother you, affecting you in a way that in his presence you feel complete and a single moment you have to stay away from the person, it takes everything in you to control your aching heart.

Staying away from the person starts to make you feel like bursting out in tears and you start to question yourself why you feel the way you feel, but the answers to it you can't seem to find. You start feeling a heaviness in the heart as it aches longingly to just have a glimpse of the person but you find yourself helpless.

Now standing in front of Shumail Eram was feeling the same. Seeing him after the whole 2 months, she felt overwhelmed as her eyes glistened with unshed tears and she finally let them free.

"Hey! Hey! Why are you crying?" Shumail asked, panic and worry gripping him.

"I don't know!" Eram answered as she wiped her tears hastily, her bangles making a clicking sound from the movements of her hand.

"What do you mean you don't know? No one cries just for fun!" Shumail spoke clearly confused as he looked at her.

"I mean I just don't know why I am crying! I guess it's just so overwhleming to see you right here at this time when I least expected." She spoke as she sniffed, wiping her nose.

Shumail let out a small laugh looking at her crying like a baby with her nose red and she glared at him. "You mean you're crying seeing me? Aww! You missed me this much?"

"Of course I missed you! You're the only guy friend that I ever had!" She answered honestly as she wiped her eyes trying to get rid of the betraying tears that were leaking from the side of her eyes.

"I don't think so! You wouldn't have avoided my calls and messages otherwise." Shumail spoke looking at her with raised eyebrows, his lips in a thin line. She looked away from him not meeting his eyes as she felt a wave of guilt and embarrassment wash over her.

"I left so many messages for you, even called a few times but you didn't even replied to one." He complained making her bite on her bottom lip, her gaze fixed on her feet unable to look at him.

"I..was kinda upset." She unswered in a low tone and Shumail had to practically strain his ears to hear her.

"And may I ask the reason?"

"I was upset because you left suddenly like that. For two whole months!" She spoke making Shumail sigh as his shoulders slumped.

"That doesn't mean you avoid me like that, making me worried for you so much!"

"You were worried for me?" She asked, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips as she looked at him with a shine in her eyes.

"Of course I was! I was raking my mind trying to remember any stupidity of mine which could be the reason you were avoiding me but the only thing I could remember was our happy moments together. At one point I was beyond frustrated you know!" He answered as he ran his hand through his hairs, giving them a messy look.

"Sorry." She apologised in a meek tone.

"You better be! In my entire life I hadn't been this angry with someone." He spoke feigning anger.