Chapter 15

5th June, 2019

"Mr. Ibrahim, the food is absolutely delicious. Thank you for such a wonderful feast." Mr. Chang said, his face depicting the truthfulness of his words.

"I know it's very different from the taste of Japanese food but I'm so glad that you liked the food." Shumail said, smiling brightly at his guest seated across from him.

"Oh I loved it, especially this dish. What is this called?" He asked pointing towards the dish, now half empty. "It is a bundle of flavours that just blast in your mouth in just one bite. Very different from the food that I eat and might I say, very very tasty too." Mr. Chang seemed to be really fascinated with all the dishes as he spoke, a bright shine in his eyes.

"Oh! It is called Biryani. It's my favourite." Shumail answered with a light chuckle.

"Bir...What?" Mr. Chang tried to pronounce but he couldn't.

"Bir-ya-ni." Shumail pronounced again, this time a bit slowly, breaking the word in parts.

"Bir..Sorry I don't think I can pronounce it." Mr. Chang laughed and all the other present at the dining table joined him as Shumail too let out a chuckle.

Mr. Chang and the designing team of the new project was at Ibrahim mansion for dinner on Shumail's invitation, and as per his request Eram had taken special efforts in getting the whole dinner prepared, extra tasty. The head officials and his partner were seated around the table while Shumail sat at the head of the table, enjoying the delicious feast.

He was happy that everyone were enjoying the food and was glad that Eram got everything done so perfectly. Mr. Chang was an important partner for Ibrahim Estate, and Shumail was happy that he was able to show gratitude towards him by inviting him for a delicious and authentic Indian dinner, and that Mr. Chang enjoyed the meal.

Soon after the dinner was over, Shumail accompanied them as they sat in the living room, chatting casually.

"Mr. Ibrahim, I think I can extend the contract with Ibrahim estate for a few more years, condition, I get to eat such delicious food more often." Mr. Chang said and Shumail laughed heartily.

"You are always welcome to my humble abode Mr. Chang." Shumail smiled. "Besides, I don't want to lose such a prestigious partner. Can't afford that." He joked.

"Well, can you possibly gift me your chef who made that delicious rice dish. I'll love to have a change of flavours." Mr. Chang said in a playful tone, raising a brow at him.

"Not possible Mr. Chang." Shumail grinned. "She's my personal chef, exclusively mine."

"Her food seems to have a special place in your heart, Mr. Ibrahim. Hmm?" Mr. Chang teased.

"Not only her food Mr. Chang, she too holds a special place in my heart. The chef that made that Biryani was my wife." Shumail said, his ears turning pink and a bright smile etched at his lips.

Everyone present in the living room went in awe and some teased him, making his neck to turn a light shade of pink. He actually was blushing, the smile not leaving his lips for a single moment.

"Woah! I hope you're not offended that I asked you to gift me your chef, Mr. Ibrahim." Mr. Chang joked.

"Absolutely not, Mr. Chang."

As Shumail climbed the stairs after bidding bye to all the officials and his partner, he was smiling to himself, his flipflops were clicking against the tiled floor as he walked. He made his way to his room and opened the door and entered, his eyes searching for the one person he couldn't se th whole evening. Eram, not being comfortable, didn't came downstairs the whole evening and stayed in the room as she ate her dinner alone, and now as his gaze landed on her, he found her fast asleep on the couch with a book placed upside down on her stomach.