03 | real life

"I KNOW BETTY, i know," lizzie's mother says, rubbing her shoulder. "it's a lot, but we're so close!"

lizzie had been stressing about moving out all day, going through multiple mental breakdowns, barely able to get through all of the packing. her mom, marina, was in philadelphia with her, helping her box up her things to be shipped to california.

she was insanely excited for the future, but also beyond upset to think about everything she was leaving behind. she only had a few hours until she'd be on a plane, never to see her freshman dorm again.

since finals week ended a few days ago, her roommates had all said their goodbyes and gone home for summer break. lizzie had been crying in her room the entire time before her mom got there, since she's terrible at goodbyes.

after her fifth mental breakdown of the day, she gathered herself to continue packing since they truly didn't have much time left. she was hoping to be able to spend some quality time with her mom before she was shipped off with her things.

hours later, as she sat in her gate alone, blaring champagne problems through her airpods, lizzie was exhausted. she hadn't even traveled yet but felt all the repercussions from it.

finally, she boarded her plane and she was off to los angeles.

elizabeth was only given a night's sleep before the meetings began. she was invited to the warehouse to meet the other influencers and learn a bit more about how her job was going to work.

she breathed deeply before ringing the doorbell, being greeted by the beautiful laura filipowicz.

"lizzie, sweetie, come in, come in!" laura smiled, welcoming the younger girl into a big hug. "how was your flight? the new apartment? are you excited to be here?"

if she couldn't have her own mother there, laura was definitely a great second option.

"laura!" lizzie smiled widely, "yes, the flight was good, i'm just so tired. the apartment is honestly amazing, the balcony view is beautiful. now i just need to get used to the warm weather."

"you said you love the beach, right? there's plenty of those to make you feel welcome!" laura gestured the girl closer inside, "speaking of feeling welcome, i've got some people i'd like you to meet."

they walked up a flight of stairs before reaching an area that looks somewhat like a dining room.

"excuse the mess, we're not quite done setting up and decorating yet," laura discusses the warehouse a bit.

they walk towards a living room area where three boys and a girl, all around lizzie's age, sit on the couches.

"lizzie, these are the sturniolo triplets and my daughter, madi," laura says.

of course lizzie knew who they all were, so she just smiled and said hi as everyone introduced themselves one by one.

"your top is so cute, where did you get it?" madi asks with a soft smile.

"oh my god thank you, i think i got it at a thrift store back in philly," lizzie answers, sitting on the couch next to her.

"wait you go thrifting? so do we!" madi exclaims, gesturing towards nick. "we have to go together soon, and we'll show you all the best spots around here."

laura brings a basket full of things towards lizzie, a huge smile on her face. "we made a little welcome basket for you!"

"oh wow, thank you guys so much," lizzie starts to unpack the basket, noticing some sweatshirts along with snacks and even some gift cards.

"fresh love is my brand," chris says, gesturing towards one of the sweatshirts in the basket.

"yeah and the let's trip hoodie is our merch line," nick smiles.

"this is all so cute i can't wait to wear it! thank you again," lizzie says politely.

"i hate to barge in on the happiness, but we do have some work to discuss," laura says, sitting next to matt on the other couch.

"so, i know we've been discussing a possible tour this year, and i've finally figured all of the little details out!" laura smiles, "i'm thinking the beginning of fall, september to october."

"god yes, i'm so excited," nick says, leaning forward into the conversation.

"lizzie, i know you've expressed having some musical talent," laura begins.

lizzie laughs nervously, "i wouldn't really say talent, my friends are just a tad bit proud."

"yes, the way they talked about it, you're the world's next pop star." laura laughs.

"i'm not sure about all that, but i do have a few things up my sleeve i guess," lizzie says.

"perfect, so you'll join the boys on tour?" laura pleads.

lizzie thinks for a moment before realizing this is the whole reason she moved here, for new opportunities. "of course, if you'll have me."

"yay! things are settled," laura smiles, clapping her hands together. "i'll be reaching out with more details when i've got them."

"this is the best news ever," nick smiles.

"yeah, i'm gonna need to hear those tracks you've got," chris says to lizzie, matt agreeing.

"i'll make a groupchat right now where we can discuss more of what's to come," laura says, before adjourning the welcome meeting.

riley speaks!
my least favorite chap to write is always the intro chap i'm so sorry. i know this doesn't have much to it yet but now that we've got the introductions out of the way i have so much in store for y'all.

like literally i've spent the last few days planning out this entire story and i'm so excited to actually go through w it now!!

anyways, hope you enjoy, love you