39 | imessage + real life

imessage
lizzie💁‍♀️ has created a new group!
nick🫶
matt🤴

lizzie💁‍♀️
i'm sorry for not answering for awhile, i was busy being dramatic

if you guys want to come over today i'd be happy to see you🫶

nick🫶
matt just ran out the door we're on our way now

NICK KNOCKS ON the door before opening it, him and matt beelining for lizzie's bedroom. he knocks again, to which she responds, "come in!"

they walk in slowly, taking in her appearance and checking to see how she's feeling.

last time nick saw her, she was crying and asking him and madi to leave. they had slept the night in her bed while she stayed up crying on the bathroom floor. she let them sleep through until morning and they woke up on their own, nick immediately searching for her when he saw that his brother had texted him telling him what happened.

"hey guys," lizzie says, patting her bed in an invitation for them to sit.

"how are you?" nick asks cautiously.

"i'm good," she softly smiles, leaning back into her pillows.

instead of sitting down, matt scoops her off the bed and gives her a tight hug.

"you can talk to us," he said into her hair. he felt her body start to shake as she quietly cried into his shoulder.

matt moved to sit on the bed and let her sit on his lap, still holding her as she cried harder.

"why did he have to kiss me and act all lovey dovey, then make out with my best friend?" she cried.

nick's jaw dropped as he looked up at the pair. "he kissed you?" he asked.

lizzie just nodded into matt's shoulder before pulling away to wipe her eyes and nose. she climbed off of matt and sat on her bed between the two brothers.

"when?" matt asks quietly.

"in the hot tub in florida," she muttered, looking down at her lap.

"wow," nick says, "he's absolutely ridiculous."

"i'm just glad she didn't try to come back here after the party," she says.

"i would've preferred her to not come back to our place," nick rolls his eyes.

"she stayed at your house?" she asked, looking between matt and nick.

matt just nods while nick says, "she stayed at our house for like two days before her flight. chris went out and bought her a shit ton of things to replace what she left in her bag here."

"wow," lizzie mutters, shaking her head. she truly wasn't able to wrap her head around how quickly everything switched up. this boy actually was giving her whiplash.

matt agreed to watch miss americana with them while they all cuddled on her bed, her in the middle. matt and nick both had their limbs entwined with the girl's and would hug her tighter when she randomly teared up.

"would it be cheesy of me to bleach my hair?" she asks after a while of silence. "i can't stand looking in the mirror when i just see the girl he played."

"kinda cheesy," nick laughs, "but also a slay."

"definitely a slay," matt agrees.

matt drives to the beauty store to buy the list of things he was told to before returning to her apartment. in that time, nick and lizzie had set up the bathroom and sectioned her hair.

matt and nick both worked on one side of her hair, following along to a video and trying their best to make it look good.

"ta-da," she twirls around in her bedroom to show the two boys laying on her bed her new hair.

"holy shit," nick says.

"i'm in love," matt adds.