08 | real life + imessage

ELIZABETH WAKES UP confused, not immediately recognizing the feeling of her bed. except she wasn't in her bed, which she noticed immediately as she sat up.

her movement made chris open his eyes slowly, as he sat up too.

"uh, goodmorning," she said nervously.

"hi," he wiped his eyes, his voice low and raspy from a night of sleep.

lizzie hugged her knees to her chest, trying to fix her bedhead. she grabbed her phone to check the time, almost noon.

"when did we fall asleep?" chris asked, looking to the other couch where his brothers were fast asleep.

"i'm not sure," she yawned. she felt awkward waking up on the same couch as a boy she just met, in a home that wasn't hers.

"i should probably head home," she says at the same time that chris speaks.

"i'm gonna go to my room."

"sorry," they both say, talking over each other.

"you should stay, nick and matt will be confused if they wake up and you're gone," chris says.

the girl just nods as he gets up to walk to his bedroom upstairs.

they decided not to film a beach day today as the beaches would already be packed and they were too tired to deal with it. instead, nick and lizzie laid on his bed together watching season two of bridgerton.

"anthony is so fucking sexy," lizzie says, staring at the screen.

"agreed, but i miss the duke," nick says.

they binge bridgerton for hours before matt joins the pair.

"i'm hungry," the middle child states.

"what do you want me to do about that?" nick says, not looking away from the show.

"can we go get food?" matt asks.

all four of them end up in the van, in the same seats as last time. they were on their way to mcdonald's, and much to matt and chris's dismay, lizzie had been given aux and her plan was to share the taylor swift lore with all of them.

she, of course, started with folklore, it being her favorite album. she played betty, making the boys shut up and listen closely to the lyrics.

"this song is about ryan reynolds and blake lively, but i pretend it's written for me," she says. "my mom always called me betty growing up, so it's like made for me."

"that's so cute but also lowkey a grandma name," nick says. the girl laughs, still singing along to the song.

"what other nicknames do you have?" chris asks, turning around.

"charlotte calls me liz, my brothers call me eli, and everyone else just calls me lizzie."

"is there anything that nobody calls you?"

"not that i can think of," she shrugs.

by the time they get to mcdonald's, chris and matt have definitely regretted allowing her to play taylor swift.

"look, she's done great in her career and all," chris starts. "but her music is just not it. i hate it."

"you hate taylor, i hate pepsi, we're even." lizzie says, "leave it at that."

imessage

nick🫶
why did u have to go home

just move in alr

lizzie🫶
lmfao shut up

my bed is too comf compared to that couch

nick🫶
come back tmr we'll film the beach day

it'll be a weekday so not as many people there

lizzie🫶
ofc