Queen Angelina Of Dibbley. CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

As the freakishly tall woman arrives back with drinks and food as promised, Perry's attitude towards her changes drastically. He thanks her for providing for us but becomes very stern with the fact that she ignored me entirely on arrival. He forces the stranger to formally introduce herself to me, something he noted she failed to do.

With panic upon her face, she stands, "Greetings, miss! I apologize for not providing enough attention to you. Please call me Romi, I am Queen Angelina's close assistant. I serve the front wing of the castle and provide for our guests."

Having the courage to look at Romi for more than one second I notice how she towers over Perry as he stands to shake her hand. The vampire is slender and has the slickest black hair I've ever seen. Her dark eyes are ominous, almost black in the dim lighting of the room.

After reminiscing about the past for longer than they should, Romi and Perry have been well acquainted. The two knew each other as children and somewhat grew up together, although Romi is older than him. Her anf her familiy would visit on royal business.

Now in a more serious manner, we discuss our plans vaguely, mentioning that we have a dark matter we are in desperate need of discussing with the Queen. We explain how we saw the flyer going around in search of the twins.

We leave out Perry's enslavement and my duty to free him, and how we must part immediately after the legal papers are signed. We demand that we want to keep a low profile, and by no means will allow non-royals to know we're here.

"It sounds like it is time for me to fetch Queen Angelina?"

Perry adjusts himself in his seat by putting more distance between us. He moves his shoulders back, and stops leaning on the back of the sofa, sitting up straighter, "Yes, only her." He clasps his hands together in his lap.

Once we're alone again I ask, "Do you think that went well?"

He frowns, "We either could get a dismission from our guards, or they will allow us to stay. It depends on what my aunt decides."

I assure him, "She's been looking for you."

He lifts one of his hands to his chin and then rubs his index finger along his full bottom lip, "Expect the worst, my love."

If we expect the worst it won't hurt as bad when it happens.

Before Romi's approaching the door I can hear her quick footfalls through the front hall, along with a second who must be the Queen. Vampires do have an incredible speed, she was only gone a few minutes.

I whisper, "They're coming."

Perry alters his sitting position once more, crossing a leg and then undoing it.

From outside I hear Romi, "...the girl, she smells Elyrian but they've been exposed to humans. Be cautious about trusting them."

"Who exactly are they?" A soft voice sputters.

"You will see."

Romi knocks at the door so loudly it appears as if it's piercing my eardrums, or is it just anxiousness?

As we invite her in, tension fills my body. I hear the sound of the metal door handle, the hinges squeaking, and a creak. Immediately as the woman comes into view, I notice her striking features, similar to Perry's. Before I can even focus on her looks I catch a sparkle in her dress, distracting me.

The forest green fabric makes her stand out entirely. It appears similar to a simple cottagecore dress a woman would wear from the eighteenth century, the only opposing detail is how it's trimmed with gold and has tiney elegant swirls at the hem.