Blood Sucker. CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Being alone with the vampire again gives me this odd sensation. It is like the world has stopped. Time has paused. My mind is not swarming uncomfortably with thoughts. I can focus for once without struggle.

My eyes blink up to his for the first time in a while. They're a beautiful green shade, like spring leaves; a reminder of the moment I escaped. Green. Freedom. The man in front of me reminds me of freedom.

Maybe having a slave isn't too bad after all. I haven't felt so alone like I had been, and I hope he's enjoyed my company as well. We both would be in the hands of the Hunters if it wasn't for each other. In some way he helped save my family, and we helped save him. This is something I will never forget. I'd love to show my gratitude, but I'm unsure how.

Now, being alone with him makes me feel much calmer; although in the back of my mind the words from others replay repeatedly. Vampires drink blood. Perry could hurt me. He could kill me. But, these are not my fears, they are other people's. I do my best to shake it off knowing that they're getting into my head.

"Shall we go back?" Perry suggests.

The urge to go close to him eats away at me, making me have almost a need to do so. I need to understand the feeling of his touch because it does feel like magic. It's a rush through my body.

I eyes him up and down about to agree but something makes me stop, "Not yet!" I try to stall and suddenly come up with a fib, "We need to talk about some other things..."

The two moments we were alone today truly made me feel different; alive. There's this feeling when we touch that is inexplainable, some sort of magic. This has convinced me that Perry must be the man the Hunters were talking about. Sadly, for our safety we shouldn't risk becoming close. I have to send him away before the Hunters come back for us.

I gesture towards his hands that have sores from being burned from the sun, "Is there any way we can heal your burns faster?"

I'm not a talker but his skin is starting to concern me, so we must make a conversation out of it. The vampire needs to be taken care of as much as my wound does; and I refuse to let him deal with it on his own.

Perry looks at his burnt hands in disgust, "My body is not healing or functioning at it's normal speed."

"Why?"

"Being on Earth for so long causes me to be sick, and so this means my vampire powers will strain; including my ability to heal quickly. Additionally, I am in need of blood, which the lack of drains my powers as well..."

I let my mouth fall opwn as my eyes shoot up to his green ones. This is the first time we have had this discussion; blood. He drinks blood. I know this, but him stating it makes this way more realistic. I can't pretend anymore that he's just like me; this man is a completely different creature.

My mind rewinds to the moment we were hiking back through the woods. I was loosing too much blood but the vampire was not phased by it. He did not go into a frenzy like anyone would assume; and now I'm more suprised since he's lacking blood in his system.

In the moment I was fixated on his hand covered in my blood, and the unhumanly strength he possessed when he ripped his shirt to wrap my leg. He acted quite normal to me, nothing dangerous at all.

Now, the bottom of his old shirt reveals his lower stomach, where he tore his hem to aid me. He needs some better clothes, I note to ask my cousin or brother if they'd lend him anything.

Curious I suddenly question, "What happened to you? What happened to your life?"

The vampire beside me frowns deeply, "I was banished from my home."