Chapter 1- Falling For A Thug

‼️ This book is currently being edited and rewritten. The chapters will be updated as I finish them, hopefully the whole progress doesn't take too long.

There WILL be some changes but not too much to where the whole story line of the book is different than before. I haven't edited this book since my freshman year of HS, and now that I'm a senior my writing techniques have changed slightly.

I mainly want to make Monique's character a little different than before. I'm not entirely sure yet. We'll see how this goes.

Hope you guys enjoy :) Also the pictures above are of the main characters. ‼️

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle that you know nothing about

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle that you know nothing about. So be kind. Always.

There was a time where I used to be happy. But now I feel like I haven't been happy for so long and I forgot what it feels like. I forgot how it feels to wake up everyday and not fear for the pain the day will surely bring. Most days I don't ever want to leave my room. Most days I don't even want to be alive.

I hope it isn't always this way.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Monique Davidson and I live in Atlanta Georgia with my sorry excuse of a mom. She treats me like shit and cares more about her next high than she does about her daughters well being.

She wasn't always like this though. When my parents split up a few years ago she changed, and my life changed for the worst. The divorce between her and my dad affected her way more than we could've ever imagined.

After the divorce my dad decided to move down to Miami Florida and that's where he met his new wife. When he left he assumed that my mom would take care of me, and we both thought that I would be in good hands. But I'm not. I've been raising myself for the past four years and it hasn't been easy. My mom is barely here but when she is, she has a different man with her every time, and they both tend to put their hands on me. So I've learned to just stay in my room with the door locked when she's home to avoid any beatings.

This isn't the life I want to live, I want to be loved. Is that too much to ask for?

~

"Monique, why are you sleeping on my floor? Get up! Did you hear me? I said get up!" I heard my mothers scream before I felt the pain. I woke up with a gasp at the sharp pain that went through my side where her foot connected with my body.

Well, good morning to her too. I thought bitterly.

"I asked you a question, why the hell you on my floor?" she repeated. I sat up slowly and leaned against the couch looking up at her after rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I fell asleep watching a movie. I'm sorry," I mumbled wincing at the pain.

"Well I got company coming over so you need to get up and leave my house. Don't you got school to go to or something?" When she said that I looked out the window and saw that it was raining.